Those AWESOME Sabres Concept Jersies

stevestojan

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The team never payed him for his designs or work on the designs (I don't think) so it is all legal, aslong as there is no "Sabres" or "Buffalo" on it and theres no RBK, CCM, or NHL logo on them. He will also have to use a different shade of Blue and Gold, and different jersey design (strip layout) and different font to stay safe from any attempts of legal action

The guy who created them is on the Sabres report site and has a post about it. Apparently your not a true fan if you don't want his jersey over the official ones they wear.

He also believes he will be able to et them made and sold for $75 a piece because no names or numbers will be used on them

The team never payed him for his designs or work on the designs (I don't think) so it is all legal, aslong as there is no "Sabres" or "Buffalo" on it and theres no RBK, CCM, or NHL logo on them. He will also have to use a different shade of Blue and Gold, and different jersey design (strip layout) and different font to stay safe from any attempts of legal action

The guy who created them is on the Sabres report site and has a post about it. Apparently your not a true fan if you don't want his jersey over the official ones they wear.

He also believes he will be able to et them made and sold for $75 a piece because no names or numbers will be used on them

857726[/snapback]

As I said before, I like the official uniforms better. :doh:

Nice design, but gee whiz. Could the guy be more off-putting? You know, art would be so much better if we didn't have to deal with the artists.

Which is prob why Sluggo happened in the first place. I think this guy did some work on the new unis, pissed off the Sabres, he left with the designs (which were technically his). The Sabres couldn't use this design or any concept of it without paying this guy and hence Sluggo was born.

Anyone "in the know" think I'm close here?

Basically I hate the Sluggo logo design, new jerseys aren't awful. If they had a REAL logo with that jersey, I could have lived with it. As such, neither the Sabres nor this wacko will be getting my cash.

Basically I hate the Sluggo logo design, new jerseys aren't awful.  If they had a REAL logo with that jersey, I could have lived with it.  As such, neither the Sabres nor this wacko will be getting my cash.

857911[/snapback]

You and the 42 people who agree with you aren't keeping the Sabres from destroying at the cash register. No. 1 selling merchandise in the NHL.

What really cracks me up about threads concerning the Bills' and Sabres' uniforms is the source of the complaints. I've seen the fashion sense of Buffalonians, and it ain't pretty.

Very ironical. :D

You and the 42 people who agree with you aren't keeping the Sabres from destroying at the cash register.  No. 1 selling merchandise in the NHL.

What really cracks me up about threads concerning the Bills' and Sabres' uniforms is the source of the complaints.  I've seen the fashion sense of Buffalonians, and it ain't pretty.

Very ironical.  :lol:

858034[/snapback]

Zubas baby! :D

Speaking of jerseys. I went to the Sabres store to look for a jersey for my son. He actually likes the new ones but there were absolutely no jerseys available at all. WTF?? Were they that underproduced??  :lol:

858041[/snapback]

How could anyone of imagined that they would fly off the shelves when the reaction was :lol::D

I bought a nice pullover at Penney's that had Buffalo Sabres on it. No slug.

I will not buy the slug.

You and the 42 people who agree with you aren't keeping the Sabres from destroying at the cash register. No. 1 selling merchandise in the NHL.

What really cracks me up about threads concerning the Bills' and Sabres' uniforms is the source of the complaints. I've seen the fashion sense of Buffalonians, and it ain't pretty.

Very ironical. 

Of course it is, best team in hockey, plays exciting, new jersey etc. My point is that the thousands of folks who signed the net petition (not 42) dislike the logo and will not be buying any gear with it on it. Thats all.

You and the 42 people who agree with you aren't keeping the Sabres from destroying at the cash register.  No. 1 selling merchandise in the NHL.

858034[/snapback]

I'm sure having the best team in the NHL has nothing to do with that... :D

857726[/snapback]

If the NHL or TBG wanted to be dicks' about it, I'm sure they could find enough grounds to pursue a trademark dilution/infringement suit on these designs, despite not paying the guy for his work.