NFL Network

stonefly42

"Whereas DirecTV’s all-inclusive package, the “Total Choice Premier,” costs $99.95, Time Warner Cable’s all-inclusive equivalent, the Total Digital Premium, costs $101.95, almost $12 more. Mind you, both of these prices are simply for “one receiver.” However, DirecTV’s package fee does include the monthly DVR subscription. Time Warner Cable, on the other hand, charges an additional $8.95 for their monthly DVR subscription fee. "

857602[/snapback]

Better get a cyphering lesson from Jethro because the difference in those figures is exactly $2. Plus you can split cable to a another TV/VCR/Tivo/PVR... and watch or record the basic channels for NO additional cost. Plus no upfront equipment costs or long term contracts are involved.

Better get a cyphering lesson from Jethro because the difference in those figures is exactly $2.  Plus you can split cable to a another TV/VCR/Tivo/PVR... and watch or record the basic channels for NO additional cost.  Plus no upfront equipment costs or long term contracts are involved.

857953[/snapback]

I hear what you are saying; I'm not pro DirecTv or cable. DierecTv won me over because they were the only ones able to provide the SUnday Ticket. But I own a house and have options; if I rent then I'm stuck with cable. We all know that all cable providers are not equal in service. At least if the NFL wasn't exclusive to DirecTv I would have better options to choose as far as overall service packages go.

The bigger question regarding cable vs satellite is the utility monopoly issue. Do you support the monopoly of the electric company or the gas company? If you do not, then you should desire to see cable companies divested of their monopolies. To keep this short, the real issue is in providing a fair choice to viewers. Only the dish companies currently provide that service.

"Whereas DirecTV’s all-inclusive package, the “Total Choice Premier,” costs $99.95, Time Warner Cable’s all-inclusive equivalent, the Total Digital Premium, costs $101.95, almost $12 more. Mind you, both of these prices are simply for “one receiver.” However, DirecTV’s package fee does include the monthly crappy built DVR subscription. Time Warner Cable, on the other hand, charges an additional $8.95 for their monthly always working fine DVR subscription fee. "

857602[/snapback]

Fixed your quote.