BCS? Vegas Called...

bartshan-83

5 BCS games, 1 spread within a TD.

Louisville -9.5 Wake

Oklahoma -8.5 Boise State

LSU -9 ND

Michigan -1.5 USC

Ohio State -8 Florida

They seem about right though...I could have seen LSU by 10 or 11, but that would have moved real quick. Also could have seen UL by 10+.

I like Ohio State giving 8 and possibly Louisville. REALLY, REALLY like Arkansas -1 v. Wisconsin.

And while this pains me, Rutgers -7 K State is tempting. K State basically made their season in one game...they lost every other shot they had at a decent school. 4-4 in the Big XII JV/North? Loss to Baylor? Guess Vegas hates on the Big East too... :doh:

Looks pretty solid; not enough of a college guru to pull the trigger I guess. ND seems to be overvalued a lot in Bowl games, right? I thought that line would be lower.

Would probably take the points w/ Fla if I had to - championship lines seem to be inflated as well.

But who knows, it so much a crapshoot when the teams have 2 months off.

Looks pretty solid; not enough of a college guru to pull the trigger I guess.  ND seems to be overvalued a lot in Bowl games, right?  I thought that line would be lower. 

Would probably take the points w/ Fla if I had to - championship lines seem to be inflated as well. 

But who knows, it so much a crapshoot when the teams have 2 months off.

857519[/snapback]

Yeah I actually thought the ND line would be higher given that we are coming off a big loss, LSU is coming off a big win and it is basically a home game for them.

I could see thousands of ND fans jumping the line if it was at 10-12 though. So I think it's about right.

5 BCS games, 1 spread within a TD.

Louisville -9.5 Wake

Oklahoma -8.5 Boise State

LSU -9 ND

Michigan -1.5 USC

Ohio State -8 Florida

857467[/snapback]

I was going to post the same thing when I saw the paper this morning. Crazy. I love the UM-USC classic Rose Bowl. Also, I should quit my job and go work in Vegas as a bookmaker. In Bart's "Road to Glendale" thread, I had my morning line for OSU-UF at 8.5:

That said, I throw some completely random guesses out there as to what the point spreads would be if each of these teams made it.  Ohio State is the favorite in all games:

Michigan +4 - Played OSU close in Columbus, but were the Bucks ever really in jeopardy?

USC +5.5 - I can't remember the last time the Trojans got points

Arkansas +7- If they're there, that means they were impressive vs. LSU and Florida.  Best team in best conference

Notre Dame +8- Like in the Michigan game, stopping OSU would be the problem.  Irish couldn't do it in the Fiesta Bowl

Florida +8.5- I can't see their offense putting up enough points to run with Troy and the boys.

844758[/snapback]

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.