In all my years of watching the Bills

Rubes

It's a good thing we got rid of all those "fat" DTs.  This cover two scheme with the undersized DTs is working out great.

857762[/snapback]

First of all, Pat Williams was cut by the previous regime, not by Levy/Jauron/Fewell.

Secondly, Sam Adams had lots of issues with this team and the team wanted to

start clean without controversy. Hence his release. If Sam Adams is a good football player who can fit into the locker room I am sure Levy would have found some ways to

keep him.

First of all,  Pat Williams was cut by the previous regime, not by Levy/Jauron/Fewell.

Secondly, Sam Adams had lots of issues with this team and the team wanted to

start clean without controversy.  Hence his release. If Sam Adams is a good football player who can fit into the locker room I am sure Levy would have found some ways to

keep him.

857774[/snapback]

I'm not saying they're to blame in particular, just sick of the cycle constantly repeating.

Let's not forget that once the runner passes the first line of defensemen he faces mainly 3 rookies ( Ellison, Whitner and Simpson), i'm sure they gonna be fine in the future but today they 're still rookies and when facing someone like Tomlinson, it shows! (see Simpson facing alone Tomlinson for his first TD)

Oh no doubt.  I was just listing a few very attainable goals for the defense that would move them into the average range.  Couple that with a (hopefully) blossoming secondary that could give us a good pass defense, and we should be fine.

If our run defense was 15-20 and our pass top 10, then we will have no problem.

857236[/snapback]

OK--agreed with exc of we need a much better pass rush if we are gonna have a mediocre to average run defense. Mediocre run D plus mediocre pass rush plus even a very good Pass D still = very average D.