Went To my first woman doctor today

plenzmd1

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is really inspiring. Really.

857214[/snapback]

You're a doc, aren't ya rubes? Do you agree with me about NPs?

She did all the normal stuff OK, even the cough thingy.  But, when it came time to bend over she was in n out in less than 3 seconds.  I've heard those things should take longer, but that was it. 

857046[/snapback]

Hmmm. Premature Prostatulation?

:doh:

I walked into the Flight Surgeon one time and the dude was 6'5" tall and about 300 pounds with nary an ounce of fat on him. He started pulling on the gloves and I said "Doc, I respect you and all that, but there's no way in hell this is happening."

He said, "Oh, you're still too young for that test. Another five years."

I said "Good, because I was going out swinging. It'd have been quick, but there'd have definitely been a fight."

He laughed his ass off. And mine stayed "exit only" for awhile longer.

You're a doc, aren't ya rubes? Do you agree with me about NPs?

857216[/snapback]

Yep. And believe me, we know what's going through your minds. Good thing you don't know what's going through our minds.

As for NPs, it wouldn't be fair to give a blanket statement to that. I would agree that the NP curriculum, generally speaking, is getting thinner and leaves a lot to be desired. But there are some really good NPs out there, just as there are some really bad MDs.

For the most part, NPs can provide good, efficient care for a lot of different things, but I don't think I would have an NP as my exclusive caregiver. I would still see an MD regularly, but NPs can handle much of the in-between care.

One of the main issues is that you don't want your caregiver to miss something important. I think it's probably a fair generalization to say that an NP is more likely to miss something important (whether that's an exam finding, a drug interaction, a test result, or what have you) than an MD, but carelessness isn't necessarily proportional to your degree.

He laughed his ass off.  And mine stayed "exit only" for awhile longer.

858197[/snapback]

Damn, that'd make a great tattoo right above your ass crack.

I've had sports physicals from women doctors a couple times when in college.  Not really a big deal, but I can't see how you could possibly even have to worry about the wood problem in a doctors office...not exactly a stimulating environment

856873[/snapback]

after being examined once by a female doctor "down there", i gotta say i'm alot more comfortable with a female handling my twigs and berries rather than a man.

and yeah, wood isn't an issue, regardless of how hot the woman is

carelessness isn't necessarily proportional to your degree.

Good point. So basically you agree with me, you just have to be more diplomatic since we're on a public message board....I get it :lol:

And I totally agree with your above statement. I changed docs last year from an Emory educated physician to a country bumpkin who, I think, graduated from Dukes of Hazzard University. I just picked him randomly since I had new insurance and they wanted me to list a GP to get things started. Well the overall office is great...it's a very busy, and apparently well-run diagnositic clinic, which is part of the larger health care system here in Gainesville.

But the fact of the matter is, when I went in for a sinus infection last year and he sent me for x-rays, he handed ME the films, basically admitted to me that he wasn't really sure how to read them, and asked whether I had experience in that department :P:bag::doh: Now I certainly appreciate his honesty....but this didn't exactly inspire a whole lot of confidence in me that my care was in capable hands, lol.

I don't profess to have the education of a doc....not even close. But I know plenty of RNs - myself included - who have been around different forms of care long enough to know a little bit about everything. That being said, I have basically dictated my own care to HIM the past couple of times I've been out to see him, which isn't really cool. His role is basically to look at me as if HE were making the decisions, and then just sign off on what it is I think I need :doh:

I had to go to my Doc for a pulled groin a few years back...and his PA took me because he had to step out...a 30 yr old, who is one of the hottest chicks you would ever want to see....I kept thinking the whole time about the fattest nastiest stuff I could think of....

:bag:

I would be so ashamed if I popped one

I also resisted the temptation of saying "You saw mine, now it's only fair if..."

:doh::lol::doh:

I'm also glad to say mine is still 'exit only' for a few more years, even though my ex-wife tried to change that once duiring the heat of the moment...that's one reason she is an EX-Wife

:P

I'm also glad to say mine is still 'exit only' for a few more years, even though my ex-wife tried to change that once duiring the heat of the moment...that's one reason she is an EX-Wife

858684[/snapback]

LMAO

LMAO

858691[/snapback]

I enjoy sexual deviation quite a bit and tend to be willing to try new things,

:doh::bag:

as long as I come no where close to another dude(s) (Not at that there's anything wrong with that...) :doh:

and that I remain an exit only virgin back there, unless its a nessecity for medical purposes - cancer of the ass, etc...

Trying to surprise me with the wacked out SIHT they read in their women's mags, who are not written by men, is not cool

:doh::lol:

after being examined once by a female doctor "down there", i gotta say i'm alot more comfortable with a female handling my twigs and berries rather than a man.

and yeah, wood isn't an issue, regardless of how hot the woman is

858291[/snapback]

More than one? :doh:

You must be popular! :lol:

I enjoy sexual deviation quite a bit and tend to be willing to try new things,

:doh:  :bag: 

as long as I come no where close to another dude(s) (Not at that there's anything wrong with that...)  :doh:

and that I remain an exit only virgin back there, unless its a nessecity for medical purposes - cancer of the ass, etc...

Trying to surprise me with the wacked out SIHT they read in their women's mags, who are not written by men, is not cool

:doh:  :lol:

858703[/snapback]

I had a similar experience as you, actually, with a twist. My ex-wife was nuts,but she was also as close to a sexual playground as a wife can get. She was pretty much up for anything. And like your ex, there came a time when she proposed the idea of using her vibrator in my no fly zone. But the worst of it was that when I declined the invitation, her comeback was something to the effect of, "why not? my ex used to love it when I did that" :D:D

I had a similar experience as you, actually, with a twist. My ex-wife was nuts,but she was also as close to a sexual playground as a wife can get. She was pretty much up for anything. And like your ex, there came a time when she proposed the idea of using her vibrator in my no fly zone. But the worst of it was that when I declined the invitation, her comeback was something to the effect of, "why not? my ex used to love it when I did that"  :doh:  :bag:

858739[/snapback]

You just don't say things like that...talk about a moment killer...that's not cool...its just wrong

:lol:

I got "well look at what I let you do...it's only fair"

Bullsiht!!! not even close....

My ex-wife was nuts,but she was also as close to a sexual playground as a wife can get. She was pretty much up for anything.

Sounds like you were married to my ex too...

I got lucking now though...my gf is up for anything, but isn't nuts...not yet atleast...

You just don't say things like that...talk about a moment killer...that's not cool...its just wrong

:lol:

I got "well look at what I let you do...it's only fair"

Bullsiht!!! not even close....

Sounds like you were married to my ex too...

I got lucking now though...my gf is up for anything, but isn't nuts...not yet atleast...

858775[/snapback]

Well she sounds like a keeper then! Stay away from the nutty ones....lol