It's hard...

I feel your pain. All of the things you said in the original post reflects how I feel as well. I agree that JP has looked better the last few games. We have stopped having so many penalites and turn overs and that has kept us close or winning. We look to getting better and next year, who knows?

But I'm frustrated. How many years have we been saying that? The thing that scares the PJeebers out of me though is that the Bills will do something stupid right when we're poised to make a run. I've seen it so many times. Like benching Flutie who led the team to a 10-5 record for rob Johnson in the playoff game. Keeping RJ instead of Flutie. In 2004 when we won 8 out of the last 9 and had great momentum going into 2005, we cut our starting QB. What next?

Dick Jauron scares me too. He does strange things that run against the grain of football common sense. Like the 4th and 1 against the Pats in week 1. Like trying unsuccessfuly to run out the clock with 2:40 left in the 1st half when you're down 10-0. Like trying a dumb fake field goal and punt in the same game with miserable results. I think he thinks too much. I hope I'm wrong, but I question how far we can go with him.

Let's just win Sunday .. .. .. ..

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With Chad Pennington at QB? Not gonna happen. In fact, I have a feeling he's gonna get hurt this Sunday. Their D is solid with some young talent in place. (Vilma and Thomas). Their O-line is good, and if we were going to trade up, it should have been for Mangold, not McCargo. But, until they improve at the skill positions, the Jets will never win more than nine games, and will never be a real threat in the AFC. This was a year where, for whatever reason, all the chips went their way. That doesn't change the fact we have a brigther future than the Jets, and I GUARANTEE A WIN this SUNDAY.

857884[/snapback]

Like I said before Dick Jauron is a retread and Mangini is a coach that will only get better. There is a reason Dick Jauron hasn't been coaching in the NFL the last three years.

Like I said before Dick Jauron is a retread and Mangini is a coach that will only get better.  There is a reason Dick Jauron hasn't been coaching in the NFL the last three years.

858055[/snapback]

Marv was a retread. Herm Edwards was a hot young Jets coach once, also. Things can change on a dime. You've got nothing to prove otherwise; besideswhich, Jauron was working as a D-coordinator, and then an interim coach for the last three years, so he actually has been coaching in the NFL. But don't let that stop the prognostications of doom and gloom if that will make you happier.