To those who watched the game...

I would suggest it was our play calling that took him out of the game.  We only went deep once.  Everything else was short and underneath routes.

855944[/snapback]

I see. But isn't he to be included in that?

I'm starting to feel that Evans is just a speed merchant, and not progressing into a complete receiver...

I see.  But isn't he to be included in that?

I'm starting to feel that Evans is just a speed merchant, and not progressing into a complete receiver...

855951[/snapback]

How many games have you seen him play this year?

I see.  But isn't he to be included in that?

855951[/snapback]

Perhaps. But, its hard to say watching the game on TV, I can't really see what he's doing on all the plays. I just remember thinking they needed to try something down field, and they didn't. He did get a few decent slants. And he got intereferred with on the next to last drive in the 4th, that of course wasn't called.

I think san diego may have gotten the memo that lee evans is pretty good and that you probably have to cover him with more than one guy.

Perhaps.  But, its hard to say watching the game on TV, I can't really see what he's doing on all the plays.  I just remember thinking they needed to try something down field, and they didn't.    He did get a few decent slants.  And he got intereferred with on the next to last drive in the 4th, that of course wasn't called.

855956[/snapback]

Perhaps.  But, its hard to say watching the game on TV, I can't really see what he's doing on all the plays.  I just remember thinking they needed to try something down field, and they didn't.    He did get a few decent slants.  And he got intereferred with on the next to last drive in the 4th, that of course wasn't called.

855956[/snapback]

Does he come back into a play to help out JP? I'm not being a wise guy here...just that a #1 ought to do such.

Does he come back into a play to help out JP?  I'm not being a wise guy here...just that a #1 ought to do such.

855975[/snapback]

I'm not sure any of our receivers are doing that. (at least from what I see) It appears they run their routes and wait for JP to hit them. If he rolls out, they may run with him, but I'm not seeing a whole lot of running back to the ball to help him out.

Again, this is just my "off the top of my head" obsevation. I haven't specifically watched the games to see what the receivers are doing.

I'm not sure any of our receivers are doing that.  (at least from what I see) It appears they run their routes and wait for JP to hit them.  If he rolls out, they may run with him, but I'm not seeing a whole lot of running back to the ball to help him out. 

Again, this is just my "off the top of my head" obsevation.  I haven't specifically watched the games to see what the receivers are doing.

855984[/snapback]

Thanks for that info. The coaches need to pound some sense into the wr's, then. Can't leave your qb on an island...

In this game along with others, they don't move Lee around enough to get him involved, making it easy for the D to take him out. They need to stay with the singleback approach for when they go to the conventional 2 back offense the passing game is non existence thus the running game gets no benefit for defenses stack the box. The previos 2 weeks we have had better success with spread offenses.

roscoe did that on the catch to set up the field goal against the jags.  he moved around to get open and jp found him.

855997[/snapback]

Very good work by Roscoe, then. Here in cincy, Palmer is a heck of a qb...but Chad Johnson and TJ Housh all game long come back to help him. As does the 2nd string. B'gals WR coach Hue Jackson is a gem.

Bill's coaches need to instill that in the wr corps...