Please pray for my sister-in-law.

buckeyemike

Friday morning, she went to the hospital with abdominal pain. Saturday afternoon, she had surgery for a twisted intestine. The surgeon also removed her appendix.

Kim and I were at the hospital Friday and Saturday. Tina (the sister-in-law) was in recovery on Saturday afternoon and looked better after surgery. She was in a lot of pain, but it was better than the abdominal discomfort she had Friday.

About 30 minutes ago (1:10 EST), we get a call from her husband. Tina has developed a pulmonary embolism, or blood clot, and has been taken to the ICU. My wife is on her way to the hospital now, as it's across town from where we live.

Please pray for Tina. She is married with three boys (15, 12, and 6). The six-year old on Friday night, named Peter, was with me as we couldn't find Tina's minivan in the hospital parking lot to take it home and pack a bag for the boys. Petey started crying over finding the van, but it was cold and windy outside. Honestly, I think seeing his mother in a hospital bed in pain was what really upset him, but he didn't admit it.

Pray for a full recovery, rest, and lots of strength.

Friday morning, she went to the hospital with abdominal pain.  Saturday afternoon, she had surgery for a twisted intestine.  The surgeon also removed her appendix.

Kim and I were at the hospital Friday and Saturday.  Tina (the sister-in-law) was in recovery on Saturday afternoon and looked better after surgery.  She was in a lot of pain, but it was better than the abdominal discomfort she had Friday.

About 30 minutes ago (1:10 EST), we get a call from her husband.  Tina has developed a pulmonary embolism, or blood clot, and has been taken to the ICU.  My wife is on her way to the hospital now, as it's across town from where we live.

Please pray for Tina.  She is married with three boys (15, 12, and 6).  The six-year old on Friday night, named Peter, was with me as we couldn't find Tina's minivan in the hospital parking lot to take it home and pack a bag for the boys.  Petey started crying over finding the van, but it was cold and windy outside.  Honestly, I think seeing his mother in a hospital bed in pain was what really upset him, but he didn't admit it.

Pray for a full recovery, rest, and lots of strength.

854845[/snapback]

Best of luck with that, hope all turns out well

An update: Tina has a fever, and her heart rate is high, but it's not a blood clot. The CT scan was negative.

Her lungs have some fluid in them, but she was able to get up and move around a little. It sounds like the doctor is being extra-cautious.

Praise God. It's not as bad as we thought.

An update:  Tina has a fever, and her heart rate is high, but it's not a blood clot.  The CT scan was negative.

Her lungs have some fluid in them, but she was able to get up and move around a little.  It sounds like the doctor is being extra-cautious.

Praise God.  It's not as bad as we thought.

855719[/snapback]

good to hear the update Milke...my thoughts and prayers continue to be with you and Tina

An update:  Tina has a fever, and her heart rate is high, but it's not a blood clot.  The CT scan was negative.

Her lungs have some fluid in them, but she was able to get up and move around a little.  It sounds like the doctor is being extra-cautious.

Praise God.  It's not as bad as we thought.

855719[/snapback]

Amen.

Did they save her stomach ?

856160[/snapback]

Her stomach wasn't at issue; her intestine was. The doctor unkinked it.

I have not yet received an update this morning on her condition. My wife went back to the hospital earlier today. Kim's a nurse at the Cleveland Clinic, and her boss gave her time off this week to tend to her sister.

Tina may actually have had a mild heart attack. We will know more today. This may have happened because she had a partially collapsed lung. Not enough oxygen was getting to the bottom of her lung.

So far, she is recovering, and left the ICU last night. We are very thankful to God for this, and thankful that Kim can go to the hospital and keep an eye on things.