Official 2007 Orange B'ball Thread

BuffOrange

I think we need a decent showing in the Big East tournament to seal the deal

I think they're in now, barring a loss to Nova in the season finale AND a really bad loss (like vs. Depaul last year) in the first round of the Big East Tournament (St. John's is the likely opponent)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we won the big east tourney last year :blink:

I know...I was referring to the end of the regular season last year - we lost to Depaul by like 40....my most embarrassing moment as an SU alum.

I meant that if SU avoids a horrendous loss like in the Depaul game last year, I think they're in, regardless of what they do vs. Nova and in the BET

I think they're in now, barring a loss to Nova in the season finale AND a really bad loss (like vs. Depaul last year) in the first round of the Big East Tournament (St. John's is the likely opponent)

Ugh, I haven't seen either St. John's game this yr but they seem to be a tough matchup.

For what it's worth, I saw Paul Harris play many times while he was at NFHS. He was NOT a great shooter and, as mentioned, he is a too small to play the 4. He was, however an extremely hard worker and played great defense. From what little I've seen of him at 'Cuse, he has exceed my expectations of him as a frosh. He will only get better, IMO.

Pooj, my guess is your observation about his penchant for the highlight play is a result of his poor shooting ability and his hard work...but, I'm guessing here.

I haven't seen Flynn play for a couple of years, but when he was a freshman for NFHS he had star written all over him. Like Harris, he worked hard and played defense. 'Cuse will get another very good player from the Falls.