Magnetic Ribbons

ieatcrayonz

Those magnetic ribbons on cars that started out saying "Support the Troops" are pretty cool. Personally, I think they should keep them for just the troops but I have seen some with other worthy causes.

Today I saw a car with Ontario plates that had a ribbon which said "Spay and Neuter". My first thought was that this was a terrific idea. We do not need any more of those dumb things roaming all over the place.

But when I got closer I saw little pawprints on the ribbon and realized that this dumb canadian was preaching about getting dgos and cats spayed and neutered, not gettting Canadians spayed and neutered.

:P

First off you dumb Canadian, don't take your ribbon space away from the troops.

:thumbdown:

And for your information biology major, you don't have to spay and neuter your pets to avoid pregnancy, you just have to stop having sex with them. :thumbsup:

I commented about these before...in Consumer Forum, I think.

I certainly applaud the sentiment for our troops.

But re-locate them from time to time, because they will damage a vehicle's paint finish.

One, they differentially block sunlight, so the natural fading of pigments is blocked - when you remove them, you shall see their image.

Two, water vapor is trapped, and will swell and damage the topcoat. In testing finishes, a water vapor entrapment scheme is a common test to determine a coating's durability. Sooner or later, they all fail. You get white spots, clearcoat bubbling, and some other deleterious effects.

Lastly, if in place long enough, the materials of the ribbon itself will degrade and affix itself to the point that you will have to scrape them off - with damage to the paint.

Use them, but move them...

I commented about these before...in Consumer Forum, I think.

I certainly applaud the sentiment for our troops.

But re-locate them from time to time, because they will damage a vehicle's paint finish.

One, they differentially block sunlight, so the natural fading of pigments is blocked - when you remove them, you shall see their image.

Two, water vapor is trapped, and will swell and damage the topcoat.  In testing finishes, a water vapor entrapment scheme is a common test to determine a coating's durability. Sooner or later, they all fail. You get white spots, clearcoat bubbling, and some other deleterious effects.

Lastly, if in place long enough, the materials of the ribbon itself will degrade and affix itself to the point that you will have to scrape them off - with damage to the paint.

Use them, but move them...

854285[/snapback]

You're missing the point. Canadians are dumb and engage in sick acts with pets. They are trying to cover up these acts by neutering and spaying the pets. They are even brazen enough to flaunt it on a magent. Who cares about paint on a car owned by a Canadian anyway?

No, I can clearly see the top of your head.  :thumbdown:

My information is for normal people; you simply provided an avenue....

854294[/snapback]

Trying to dish out information to normal people in a thread about Canadians is like trying to swim down the interstate.

You're missing the point.  Canadians are dumb and engage in sick acts with pets.  They are trying to cover up these acts by neutering and spaying the pets.  They are even brazen enough to flaunt it on a magent. Who cares about paint on a car owned by a Canadian anyway?

854293[/snapback]

I am an American citizen, but for the last couple of years some idiots on this board seem to take love to take shots at Canadians, it is terribly annoying and childish, grow up, come up with a new shctick this one is getting boring.

I am an American citizen, but for the last couple of years some idiots on this board seem to take love to take shots at Canadians, it is terribly annoying and childish, grow up, come up with a new shctick this one is getting boring.

855932[/snapback]

If you are an American citizen you must care about our country. I have said in the past, I do not hate Canadians, I merely pity them. They are not attractive or smart yet they delude themselves into thinking Russia is spying on them? :D:beer: For what? Canadian bacon? Still, it is human instinct to want to feel important so on some level I understand.

No matter your politics you must be concerned that we are arguing over a border fence. If we build it, it will cost tons of money and damage our reputation as an open society. If we don't.....more Canadians. There are no good options.

After all that they have the gaul to mock us at our Wendy's drive thrus by acting as if they'd voluntarily spay and neuter themselves, only to find out they are doing it to cover up their sick acts with pets? And you come on here and defend this? How much more of this can we take?

If you are an American citizen you must care about our country.  I have said in the past, I do not hate Canadians, I merely pity them.  They are not attractive or smart yet they delude themselves into thinking Russia is spying on them?   :D  :beer:   For what?  Canadian bacon?  Still, it is human instinct to want to feel important so on some level I understand.

No matter your politics you must be concerned that we are arguing over a border fence.  If we build it, it will cost tons of money and damage our reputation as an open society.  If we don't.....more Canadians.  There are no good options.

After all that they have the gaul to mock us at our Wendy's drive thrus by acting as if they'd voluntarily spay and neuter themselves, only to find out they are doing it to cover up their sick acts with pets?  And you come on here and defend this?  How much more of this can we take?

856372[/snapback]

As I said before, grow up, Canadien bashing is getting tired.

I couldn't afford those fancy schmancy magnetic bracelets they have to improve your overall health.  I just couldn't see ponying up the cash for them.  Next best thing, I wear a couple of the ribbons, one on each wrist.  Never felt better.

856445[/snapback]

If the ribbons you're wearing say "Spay and Neuter Canadians" the words are what make you feel better, not the magnets.

If the ribbons you're wearing say "Spay and Neuter Canadians" the words are what make you feel better, not the magnets.

856620[/snapback]

I always attempt to stay fair and balanced. My left wrist is spay and neuter, my right support the troops.

If I feel frisky I'll sometimes wear one of those fish with legs thingies as a medallion. Chicks dig walking fishes.

I always attempt to stay fair and balanced.  My left wrist is spay and neuter, my right support the troops.

If I feel frisky I'll sometimes wear one of those fish with legs thingies as a medallion.  Chicks dig walking fishes.

856645[/snapback]

Are you trying to pick up Canadian chicks? :D

Those fish aren't magnetic, they use adhesive.

To think I almost let you in the same room with Ritney.

Are you trying to pick up Canadian chicks?  :D

Those fish aren't magnetic, they use adhesive. 

To think I almost let you in the same room with Ritney.

856674[/snapback]

I have an old Pat Buchanan yellow magnet ribbon from when he won back in 1988. I'll always cherish it.

Canada is north of the United States, in case anyone didn't know