X-Mas Debate

Puhonix

When putting lights on the X-mas tree, do you start at the top or bottom of the tree?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. When putting lights on the X-mas tree, do you start at the top or bottom of the tree?

• Bottom

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed...I vote for skipping the darn thing altogether! Nice thing about getting old is going to the kids house and enjoying THEIR tree.

I'm doing that this year for the first time. No Christmas at my house. My daughter and her hubby have their new house and want to do it there.

So I was thinking, I won't even bother with the whole decorating thing. It's a lot of work when you're by yourself and no one will see it! I was looking forward to just catching up on chores and watching football.

But today my daughter called to ask if they can borrow my (pre-lit )10' tree, ALL my decorations - including all the decor stuff that goes around the house, my outside lights and decorations, my 12 piece china set, serving dishes, flatware, wine glasses, linens etc.

Why am I starting to feel that this could be even more work?

Back when I used a real tree and put lights on :D I started at the top and had those strip thingies attached to the trunk. I'm so glad those days are over :lol:

But I would recommend...if you're tempted to buy a pre-lit tree, splurge a little and buy a good quality one.