Dinosaur BBQ in Syracuse shut down...

Just Jack

I prefer, the "Wisdom of the Aged"... :thumbdown:

854331[/snapback]

:thumbsup:

Like the joke between the young bull and the old bull:

"One day, there was an old bull and a young bull grazing in a field. Down in the valley, far below them, they see a herd of cows grazing contently on equally lush grass. Not to miss a golden opportunity to exercise his manhood, the young bull quickly turns to the old bull and frantically says, 'Let's run down there, jump over the fence and make out with one of the cows!' The old bull slowly rises up from his meal, turns to the young bull and replies: "No. Let's stroll down there, walk through the gate and make out with them all."

:thumbdown:

Like the joke between the young bull and the old bull:

"One day, there was an old bull and a young bull grazing in a field. Down in the valley, far below them, they see a herd of cows grazing contently on equally lush grass. Not to miss a golden opportunity to exercise his manhood, the young bull quickly turns to the old bull and frantically says, 'Let's run down there, jump over the fence and make out with one of the cows!' The old bull slowly rises up from his meal, turns to the young bull and replies: "No. Let's stroll down there, walk through the gate and make out with them all."

854333[/snapback]

How are the locks shaping up this winter?

EDIT...I'm not being a wise guy. Such things are important to me.

Edited by stuckincincy

How are the locks shaping up this winter?

854338[/snapback]

There is virtually no head... :nana: ... That means there is really no difference in water... They shut down when we get "reverse" flow and the water goes back to the lake... Not that I mind... :lol::lol:

Since this spur of the deep tunnel was built... All stormwater runoff along our stretch of upper pool (which happens to be Lake Michigan... We are about 7 miles down) goes into the tunnel... Bypasses us and gets held into the a underground res to be pumped into the lower pool when the storm subsides... They say it doesn't make a diff... Our upper pool just has never rebounded...

So as winter goes, low head is also a bad thing... Bad thing... More water you can move, the less chance it freeze hard and nav interests have an easier time.

So low head very, very BAD... :thumbdown:

You think I want to work and chip ice? :P:P

We do have a bubbler system run by two Ingersoll compressors though... They aren't automated and my supervisor is stingy on fuel... And batteries and engine have to be charged/warmed very often when the weather turns foul and cold... :thumbsup::P

But... Besides that all is good on the farm!

We have been classifed as "inherently government" by Congress and can't be contracted out...

Still being an "Action Organization/Agency" will piss a lot of people off though...

:D

There is virtually no head...  :nana: ... That means there is really no difference in water... They shut down when we get "reverse" flow and the water goes back to the lake... Not that I mind... :lol:  :lol:

Since this spur of the deep tunnel was built... All stormwater runoff along our stretch of upper pool (which happens to be Lake Michigan... We are about 7 miles down) goes into the tunnel... Bypasses us and gets held into the a underground res to be pumped into the lower pool when the storm subsides... They say it doesn't make a diff... Our upper pool just has never rebounded...

So as winter goes, low head is also a bad thing... Bad thing... More water you can move, the less chance it freeze hard and nav interests have an easier time.

So low head very, very BAD... :thumbdown:

You think I want to work and chip ice? :P  :P

We do have a bubbler system run by two Ingersoll compressors though... They aren't automated and my supervisor is stingy on fuel... And batteries and engine have to be charged/warmed very often when the weather turns foul and cold... :thumbsup:  :P

But... Besides that all is good on the farm!

We have been classifed as "inherently government" by Congress and can't be contracted out...

Still being an "Action Organization/Agency" will piss a lot of people off though...

:D

854349[/snapback]

Thanks for the info. There are a bunch of things that deserve classification as an inherent government activity. Why it changed, I'll never know. I am very much on your side.

I don't know if anybody brought this up... But did anyone catch what time they closed for cleaning?

5PM... WTF?

The article said that they stopped serving at 5PM and had everyone finish their meal and then closed...

Again... WTF!!

Just imagine the poor sap that bought their BBQ at say 4:45...

I would have loved to be the employee bringing good tidings and cheer to the patrons when they had to close...

"Gee... Everyone, finish up your grub because we are closing in 5 minutes to clean the facility and try and kick this nasty virus that is living here... Please be sure to patronize us again when we reopen."

Double: :thumbdown::thumbsup:

:P:nana: