Did you know

Terrence McGee is our highest paid player this season making $5,385,280...Does anybody else find that interesting/surprising?

853331[/snapback]

Really? I was pretty sure that Nate was making over $7 million with the franchise tag.

what's your source?

Only look to Clumpy in these situations.....

Clump's the Master

The Bills are gonna have some $$ after this year.....

853604[/snapback]

Not being a cap expert -- assuming Nate is resigned at top dollar (which, if they are going to resign him, will most certainly be the case)...how much will that hurt the cap space?

Are the Bills looking at a situation where they can only sign Nate and maybe 1 or two mid level guys, or would resiging Nate still allow them to make a few more splashes in the market?

Not being a cap expert -- assuming Nate is resigned at top dollar (which, if they are going to resign him, will most certainly be the case)...how much will that hurt the cap space?

Are the Bills looking at a situation where they can only sign Nate and maybe 1 or two mid level guys, or would resiging Nate still allow them to make a few more splashes in the market?

853666[/snapback]

If the Bills are truly turning the corner with this young bunch, they will have to seriously have to consider locking up Losman, Evans and McGahee with long term deals. If these guys continue to fire on all cylinders the rest of the season I would not be opposed to using our cap money to do this.

I also hope Nate stays with us, finding another top corner would not be fun.

If the Bills are truly turning the corner with this young bunch, they will have to seriously have to consider locking up Losman, Evans and McGahee with long term deals. If these guys continue to fire on all cylinders the rest of the season I would not be opposed to using our cap money to do this.

I also hope Nate stays with us, finding another top corner would not be fun.

853672[/snapback]

That's a very good point...Especially with JP and Willis. Both only have 1 year left after this season, correct?

I'm not an advocate of spending huge sums in FA anyway. I'd rather lock up the talent that the Bills have nurtured into players and reap the rewards from that.

That's a very good point...Especially with JP and Willis.  Both only have 1 year left after this season, correct?

I'm not an advocate of spending huge sums in FA anyway. I'd rather lock up the talent that the Bills have nurtured into players and reap the rewards from that.

853685[/snapback]

Losman and Evans came in the same year but I'm not sure of the specifics of their contracts. All three will be hitting free agency in the next year or two if the Bills are not proactive about it. If the Bills finally have the building blocks then they need to keep it going and lock them up long term.