I'm predicting Chargers victory ....

truth on hold

Every time I get my hopes up and expect a victory they lose (e.g. Detroit.) Every time I give up hope and expect a loss they win (e.g. Jacksonville.)

So this week I am getting really really negative on Buffalo's chances.

- I See LT rushing for 300 yards and scoring 6 TDs .... all in the 1st half.

- Rivers makes a statement about his value versus draft-mate Losman and throws for over 400 yards and 5 TDs .... again all in the 1st half.

- End of score 1st half: Chargers 77, Bills 0.

- 2nd half gets even worse as Chargers 2nd and 3rd stringers outscore Bills 1st team by 35 - 10.

- Merriman in his first game back from suspension has an NFL record 8 sacks.

- Bills suffer key season-ending injuries to Punter Brian Moorman, Defensive End Aaran Schoebel, Linebacker London Fletcher and Wide Receiver Lee Evans.

Final Score: Chargers 112, Bills 10

Post Game: after the game New York State Senators Schumer and Clinton reverse position on keeping Bills in Buffalo and lobby NFL commisioner to move them out of state.

By pointing out that you're trying a reverse jinx, you ruined its potency. It will not work now. You should have just predicted a Chargers victory without explaining yourself and been a man and taken all the flames that would've come your way. In the end, it would've paid off with a Bills win and then you could have come back later and explained yourself. But by cowardly pointing out what you were doing right away in order to avoid flames, you have resigned the Bills to a loss against the Chargers this week. Congratulations! :P:bag:

By pointing out that you're trying a reverse jinx, you ruined its potency.  It will not work now.  You should have just predicted a Chargers victory without explaining yourself and been a man and taken all the flames that would've come your way.  In the end, it would've paid off with a Bills win and then you could have come back later and explained yourself.  But by cowardly pointing out what you were doing right away in order to avoid flames, you have resigned the Bills to a loss against the Chargers this week.  Congratulations!  :P  :bag:

852913[/snapback]

but that doesn't that further create expectation of loss (i.e. real chance of victory?)

:censored:

It all boils down to which team plays the best on Sunday. Yeah San Diego has strength going against our weakest areas (their defensive line and running game.) On the other hand we are coming into our own and don't downplay momentum. I wouldn't bet the farm on our winning..but you just never know, and I think we have some really blue chip guys who might make a difference. Our special teams, our renovated pass game (with modifications to strengthen pass protection). I think we have to strengthen our defense against the run (four linebackers on the field?) and lets give it a go. I ain't ready to concede to these guys.

Insert Brees for Rivers and you basically have what last year's game in SD would have been if they hadn't called off the dogs...It's hard for me to recall when I have seen a team so dominated..I would hope that would provide some motivation for the gentlemen who were part of the Bills last year..

Every time I get my hopes up and expect a victory they lose (e.g. Detroit.)  Every time I give up hope and expect a loss they win (e.g. Jacksonville.)

- Rivers makes a statement about his value versus draft-mate Losman and throws for over 400 yards and 5 TDs .... again all in the 1st half. 

- 2nd half gets even worse as Chargers 2nd and 3rd stringers outscore Bills 1st team by 35 - 10.

- Bills suffer key season-ending injuries to Punter Brian Moorman, Defensive End Aaran Schoebel, Linebacker London Fletcher and Wide Receiver Lee Evans.

Post Game: after the game New York State Senators Schumer and Clinton reverse position on keeping Bills in Buffalo and lobby NFL commisioner to move them out of state.

852902[/snapback]

:) That's sounds about right. There's no way were going to beat the Chargers, but the Bills have been improving since week 1. Especially on defense.

Every time I get my hopes up and expect a victory they lose (e.g. Detroit.)  Every time I give up hope and expect a loss they win (e.g. Jacksonville.)

852902[/snapback]

All immaterial.

We chose not to stop the run.

*end of transmission*

In the perfect world, the Bills stay and Schumer and Clinton leave.

852943[/snapback]

Amen brotha. I have nothing but disdain for Chucky, but I'm caught between a rock and a hard place as he is a huge advocate of the Bills. Wilson must be a staunch financial supporter of the dems. His position will change if Galisano buys the Bills one day.

852902[/snapback]

I agree with your game prediction for exactly the same reasons, however after the game I see Schumer reversing his position and immediately lobbying the team for a move to Guantanamo, Cuba. Hillary will just show everyone her nasty hog that she keeps tucked away.

Amen brotha. I have nothing but disdain for Chucky, but I'm caught between a rock and a hard place as he is a huge advocate of the Bills. Wilson must be a staunch financial supporter of the dems. His position will change if Galisano buys the Bills one day.

853322[/snapback]

Wilson is strongly republican.