(OT) Hello

k_gun

I thought Pittsburgh had been putting money into the waterfront area recently. I know they've brought in a lot more tech companies to rebuild their economy after the industries started to dry up. The same happened in my home town of Erie Pa. Luckily, Tom Ridge, an Erie native, was still governor then and they started to put money into Erie's waterfront area. Now, things are improving there as well.

Sure is.  If some moron in Niagara NY, or in Buffalo would get with the 21st Century and develop what resources they have, IE waterfronts and natural wonders, people would stay on the American side.

But nooooooooooooooooooo, keep worrying about stuff that has been going outta business for years and unions.  Yeah, that works nowadays.  You'd think Buffalo, Pittsburgh and Cleveland would wake up.

62106[/snapback]

I don't care what they do. I'm keeping my money here...I'm not dumping $ to selfish people who rely on defense provided by others and make snide comments, just because they are better at selling jollies.

I thought Pittsburgh had been putting money into the waterfront area recently.  I know they've brought in a lot more tech companies to rebuild their economy after the industries started to dry up.  The same happened in my home town of Erie Pa.  Luckily, Tom Ridge, an Erie native, was still governor then and they started to put money into Erie's waterfront area.  Now, things are improving there as well.

62125[/snapback]

Not really R. Rich. They are starting to develop the North Shores, but still nothing like they could be doing. I actually shoudn't rip on the Burgh too much. They made a nice original transition from Mills to healthcare jobs. But nothing really to keep the younger population from leaving.

I'm originally from the Burgh, but it amazes me the political mindset of some of the rust belt cities to realize the way of booming economies isn't manufacturing like it was in the 1970's.