some love for JP

tennesseeboy

Listening to Sirius nfl on the way in and the one fellow talking about wild cards says in effect "I don't know what happened to Jacksonville losing those two game sto Houston"..other guy "Bad enough..they lost to BUFFALO" Other guy.."Buffalo has something special going on with Losman and his receivers, we're seeing a lot out of Buffalo..." other guy...."yes they have played well" NOW HEAR THIS...."I guess when we talk about Manning and Rothlensberger we're going to have to include Losman in the mix the way he's been playing!" Thank God I wasn't drinking coffee or I would have spit it on the windshield. Not that I don't think JP is good (I do) but that he would get that kind of recognition. I hope this keeps up! Boy if we should beat San Diego we would be really in the mix.

NOW HEAR THIS...."I guess when we talk about Manning and Rothlensberger we're going to have to include Losman in the mix

851438[/snapback]

Probably referring to how inconsistant Eli and Ben have been. Some horrible games with some good ones sprinkled in.

Listening to Sirius nfl on the way in and the one fellow talking about wild cards says in effect "I don't know what happened to Jacksonville losing those two game sto Houston"..other guy  "Bad enough..they lost to BUFFALO" Other guy.."Buffalo has something special going on with Losman and his receivers, we're seeing a lot out of Buffalo..." other guy...."yes they have played well" NOW HEAR THIS...."I guess when we talk about Manning and Rothlensberger we're going to have to include Losman in the mix the way he's been playing!"  Thank God I wasn't drinking coffee or I would have spit it on the windshield.  Not that I don't think JP is good (I do) but that he would get that kind of recognition. I hope this keeps up!  Boy if we should beat San Diego we would be really in the mix.

851438[/snapback]

I love it. It was only three or four weeks ago that the CBS pregame show were asked to rank the QB class of '04. Boomer and Dan both scoffed at the notion that JP should even be included and both ranked him last. Given the recent play of Eli and Ben, I wonder where Losman's current standing would be.

Listening to Sirius nfl on the way in and the one fellow talking about wild cards says in effect "I don't know what happened to Jacksonville losing those two game sto Houston"..other guy  "Bad enough..they lost to BUFFALO" Other guy.."Buffalo has something special going on with Losman and his receivers, we're seeing a lot out of Buffalo..." other guy...."yes they have played well" NOW HEAR THIS...." I guess when we talk about Manning and Rothlensberger we're going to have to include Losman in the mix the way he's been playing!"  Thank God I wasn't drinking coffee or I would have spit it on the windshield.  Not that I don't think JP is good (I do) but that he would get that kind of recognition. I hope this keeps up!  Boy if we should beat San Diego we would be really in the mix.

851438[/snapback]

No love for Rivers? WTF!!!! :bag:

:huh:

I love it.  It was only three or four weeks ago that the CBS pregame show were asked to rank the QB class of '04.  Boomer and Dan both scoffed at the notion that JP should even be included and both ranked him last.  Given the recent play of Eli and Ben, I wonder where Losman's current standing would be.

851487[/snapback]

I think at this point it is still behind those three, though he will soon overtake the overrated Eli Manning. Big Ben has had one of the worst and most tumultuous off season and regular season...

I am really excited at the growth of Losman and it is worth waiting through the growing pains to get a quarterback for the long run.

I think at this point it is still behind those three, though he will soon overtake the overrated Eli Manning.  Big Ben has had one of the worst and most tumultuous off season and regular season...

I am really excited at the growth of Losman and it is worth waiting through the growing pains to get a quarterback for the long run.

851512[/snapback]

I think Ben has to come back stronger next season. An offseason without a Super Bowl hangover and a motorcycle crash will probably do him well. Although I still wonder about him, because yes...even though he is a SB winning QB, I have never been totally blown away by him at any point.

As far as Eli goes, I really liked what SI's Jeffrey Chadiha wrote about him:

It's time to stop hyping this third-year New York Giants quarterback and to begin accepting that he's not destined for greatness. All Manning is at this stage is a good player who needs to work hard to become a better one. If his name were Eli Wagstaff, we'd be talking about him with the same uncertainty we apply to Houston's David Carr. (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/jeffri_chadiha/11/28/playoff.race/index.html?cnn=yes)

I think Ben has to come back stronger next season.  An offseason without a Super Bowl hangover and a motorcycle crash will probably do him well.  Although I still wonder about him, because yes...even though he is a SB winning QB, I have never been totally blown away by him at any point. 

As far as Eli goes, I really liked what SI's Jeffrey Chadiha wrote about him:

It's time to stop hyping this third-year New York Giants quarterback and to begin accepting that he's not destined for greatness. All Manning is at this stage is a good player who needs to work hard to become a better one. If his name were Eli Wagstaff, we'd be talking about him with the same uncertainty we apply to Houston's David Carr. (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/jeffri_chadiha/11/28/playoff.race/index.html?cnn=yes)

851533[/snapback]

Ben is the real deal. He is a pretty accurate QB who can throw the long ball. He is also the ideal system QB like a Montana or a Brady. He definitely needs a strong off season for next season. Even Donahoe wanted to draft Ben in the 1st place. Unfortunately, the Jax were bent on taking Reggie Williams at 9 and refused to trade places even though the Jets who were in between had no interest in Reggie Williams.

Having said all that, I am glad that we have Losman as our current and future QB of the Buffalo Bills.

Like I pointed out in an earlier tread, as long as we win you will see JP begin to get some hype from the media and the fans. To some it will be like coming out of the closet where once they were either ashame or scared they'd be laughed at to have anything positive be associated with JP come out their lips. Now once a few come out and give him props, others will start to embrace him as well and some will admit they liked JP all along since he had the strongest arm in the 2004 draft plus was the fastest. To the haters they will just keep quiet and HOPE he has a bad game or 2 to justify their dislike!

Like I pointed out in an earlier tread, as long as we win you will see JP begin to get some hype from the media and the fans. To some it will be like coming out of the closet where once they were either ashame or scared they'd be laughed at to have anything positive be associated with JP come out their lips.

851681[/snapback]

I don't think it has anything to do with being ashamed or scared. I think it has to do with recognizing talent. With the exception of the last two weeks, if you can honestly tell me that for most of the games of Losman's career you said to yourself, "Wow! This kid is amazing!" then more power to you.

For the rest of us, he's just now starting to show that he might actually be okay so naturally fans and the media will give him his props.

For the most part, JP was painful to watch and there were plenty of weeks where it looked like he would never, ever get it. Over the past two weeks, we've seen some of that raw talent start to shine through and some of that cockiness that TD loved so much turn into outright confidence and leadership.

I don't think it has anything to do with being ashamed or scared.  I think it has to do with recognizing talent.  With the exception of the last two weeks, if you can honestly tell me that for most of the games of Losman's career you said to yourself, "Wow!  This kid is amazing!" then more power to you. 

851712[/snapback]

I have posted several times this year, even when he struggled that he has shown this year that he can make any pass necessary for he has the arm strength and this year with better footwork improved accuracy as he consistently has hit the open WR when given time to setup and he makes up his mind to throw. Last year he consistently missed open receivers. So even when he struggled, I could at least see that he had the ability to make accurate passes. Some, especially his haters treated him like he was the worse QB in the league; especially 2,3 weeks ago and I always said that they were way off. Who knows; he may regress the rest of the year. He still will need to mature and get better at reading defenses and using his head. But we all know he has the gun to get the job done!