Please, Authors of the Stadium Wall

McGill Bill

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What you need to do is just re-sign yourself to the fact that people are lousy spellers.

850667[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure there's a salary cap. It's my contract year, and I've really been a lock-down spellchecker this season. I'm going for the big bucks, and honestly, I don't think this board has the cap room.

I know this is all in fun, but I do not have much sympathy with the "I'm a bad speller and you old biddies should lighten up" argument. Doesn't innattention to spelling suggest a lack of respect for the people who have to read one's work? Or lack of respect for one's own thoughts? I mean, if you cannot be bothered to re-read what you have written, why should anyone waste their time reading it? We all make mistakes, and there is no shame in that, but the goal should always be correct spelling and usage, shouldn't it?

*muttering to self* Doomed doomed doomed.....

Go Bills!

A new player in the game...

SDS 1

keepthefaith 0

850601[/snapback]

I saw it as sarcasm also, and my reply was also sarcasm. I knew it was mispelled deliberately. Here is where I extend my lead. It's "you're" not "your".

I could score points on this correction multiple times a day on this board.

2-0 baby!

I know this is all in fun, but I do not have much sympathy with the "I'm a bad speller and you old biddies should lighten up" argument. Doesn't innattention to spelling suggest a lack of respect for the people who have to read one's work? Or lack of respect for one's own thoughts? I mean, if you cannot be bothered to re-read what you have written, why should anyone waste their time reading it? We all make mistakes, and there is no shame in that, but the goal should always be correct spelling and usage, shouldn't it?

Go Bills!

850690[/snapback]

it is more fun just to piss people off . !@#$ the spelling :censored::thumbsup:

Go Bills!

850690[/snapback]

fkc yow I don'et caear if you READ MY Potsingts

(R. Rich @ Nov 28 2006, 09:39 AM)

A new player in the game...

SDS 1

keepthefaith 0

I saw it as sarcasm also, and my reply was also sarcasm.  I knew it was mispelled deliberately.  Here is where I extend my lead.  It's "you're" not "your".

I could score points on this correction multiple times a day on this board.

2-0 baby!

850701[/snapback]

Seeing R. Rich get body slammed...priceless.

Some stuff never gets old.