Are the Chargers stepping into a hornets nest?

Let's not get crazy, I'm not saying that the Bills are going to crush the Chargers. What I'm wondering is this:

A cold snowy day, on the road going up against a team that's really starting to believe in itself?

You have to believe that the Bills players are going to be ultra hyped for this game. I have to imagine that this game will have a playoff feel. If the chargers come in flat they may very well run into a buzzsaw.

As a Bills fan, I have learned to set my expectations low enough that I too find myself excited that we are 5-6, one game away from .500 football. With that said, I have watch LT play a couple of times recently and this guy doesn't just score at will, he humiliates you. Unless LT pulls his groin in pregame, I'm not feeling very optomistic.

No. There is no hornet's nest. However, here is a hornet by the name of Merriman. Two wins can make one forget about our delicate offensive line. I wish I was wrong and I hope that I am wrong but the Chargers are loaded all over the field. Can the Bills stop the run? Can they stop LT? Gates? Will Rivers have an obscene amount of time to pass? Not much has changed from the last time the two teams have played. The temperature will be about sixty degrees colder than last year but the outcome should be the same. I pray for lake effect. I pray for wind. Expect the Chargers to emphasize the running game to avoid the wind. I hope Rivers folds in the cold but I don't believe that Schott will put too much pressure on Rivers to throw the ball.

No.  There is no hornet's nest.  However, here is a hornet by the name of Merriman.  Two wins can make one forget about our delicate offensive line.  I wish I was wrong and I hope that I am wrong but the Chargers are loaded all over the field.  Can the Bills stop the run?  Can they stop LT?  Gates?  Will Rivers have an obscene amount of time to pass?  Not much has changed from the last time the two teams have played.  The temperature will be about sixty degrees colder than last year but the outcome should be the same.  I pray for lake effect.  I pray for wind.  Expect the Chargers to emphasize the running game to avoid the wind.  I hope Rivers folds in the cold but I don't believe that Schott will put too much pressure on Rivers to throw the ball.

850263[/snapback]

Yeah...I'm not real confident about Jamal Williams and Shawne Merriman against our O-Line...bad things, man...bad things.

Are you kidding me?  We play against Teddy Freaking Bruschi.  What's Merriman got that  the Jesus of linebackers doesn't?

850342[/snapback]

And as I recall, we don't seem to have to good of luck against him either...

With our offensive line, I would be afraid of me on the other side...and I only go 5'11", 150.

Let's not get crazy, I'm not saying that the Bills are going to crush the Chargers.  What I'm wondering is this:

A cold snowy day, on the road going up against a team that's really starting to believe in itself?

You have to believe that the Bills players are going to be ultra hyped for this game.  I have to imagine that this game will have a playoff feel.  If the chargers come in flat they may very well run into a buzzsaw.

849870[/snapback]

We have a good chance of winning if he hold LT to under 80 yards rushing and 0 TD's. Now do you think that's going to happen?

Pigs would fly in a snow drenched Sandy Eggo first.

We have a good chance of winning if he hold LT to under 80 yards rushing and 0 TD's.  Now do you think that's going to happen? 

Pigs would fly in a snow drenched Sandy Eggo first.

850486[/snapback]

That is what happened last year. LT ran for 67 yards on 19 carries and caught three passes for 22 yards. The Bills keyed on LT and were not able to adjust before the half. It was 35-10 at the half. Brees simply put the ball over the field and the Bills offensive line allowed six sacks. Losman struggled. It was so dreadful to watch.

I am praying for a surprise in the snow belt.

That is what happened last year.  LT ran for 67 yards on 19 carries and caught three passes for 22 yards.  The Bills keyed on LT and were not able to adjust before the half.  It was 35-10 at the half.  Brees simply put the ball over the field and the Bills offensive line allowed six sacks.  Losman struggled.  It was so dreadful to watch.

I am praying for a surprise in the snow belt.

850565[/snapback]

I dont think the weather will be as big a factor as everyone thinks it will be. The only reason I think we have a shot is Martys past track record going down the stretch and the fact that San Diego has to travel to the east coast and play. Also keep in mind that SD is still in the race for home field advantage if Indy drops another game. So they will be bringing it like usual, we just have to step up.

Also Jauron needs to have more balls,if I see one more draw on 3rd and 5 or 6 I will go nuts, throw the !@#$en thing.

I dont think the weather will be as big a factor as everyone thinks it will be. The only reason I think we have a shot is Martys past track record going down the stretch and the fact that San Diego has to travel to the east coast and play. Also keep in mind that SD is still in the race for home field advantage if Indy drops another game. So they will be bringing it like usual, we just  have to step up.

Also Jauron needs to have more balls,if I see one more draw on 3rd and 5 or 6 I will go nuts, throw the !@#$en thing.

850571[/snapback]

Is A-train much of a receiver? Short, quick passes to A-train and Shelton could neutralize the fast forward onslaught of Merriman and company. The Bills have to take Merriman out of the game early and often. Holding the ball too long and waiting in the collapsible pocket without some sneaks and rollouts will lead to a disaster like last year's debacle.

Merriman article:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/charg...manreturns.html

Some of you guys have not paid attention of late........it does not matter what LT gains between the 20's ....it's what will he do in the redzone that counts and what the bills off. can do early in the game........if we can get up by 10-14 points early, rivers will be forced to throw the ball......keep the faith!!