Roscoe being carried off field

millbank

Guess that's what the 15 yard un-sportsmanlike was for.

848866[/snapback]

in the post game they said it was because more then one player jumped into the crowd, that was right in the corner below where I was sitting (section 241) and I couldn't believe there was a flag, the stadium was so loud in that area, no one heard what was called on the field

The game annoucer was saying something bout Thomas grabbing Roscoe and helping him keep his balance as being illegal.....

I was like WTF is that about...

848961[/snapback]

Especially since it was about 3 plays after Jones-Drew was pushing garrard in the pile in the 4th and 1 situation.

Especially since it was about 3 plays after Jones-Drew was pushing garrard in the pile in the 4th and 1 situation.

848963[/snapback]

Yeah, will that penalty ever be called in a game of football at ANY level? What kind of textbook example are the refs waiting for? I'm guessing the day a QB stands on the hands of two RBs and they launch him over the pile that maybe a ref could reach for his pocket.

The game annoucer was saying something bout Thomas grabbing Roscoe and helping him keep his balance as being illegal.....

I was like WTF is that about...

848961[/snapback]

LOL same here. How many times do you see a OLineman push his rb from the back trying to help him get in the end zone or by the first down marker?

Is pushing a player from behind to get them more yards against the rules?  I know it is in college, but didn't think so in the NFL.

849067[/snapback]

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it's illegal in the NFL. I seem to remember when the subject of Bush pushing Leinart came up last year, that I heard on one of those shows on ESPN (PTI or Around the Horn) say in college it is a penalty but in the NFL it's allowed.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it's illegal in the NFL.  I seem to remember when the subject of Bush pushing Leinart came up last year, that I heard on one of those shows on ESPN (PTI or Around the Horn) say in college it is a penalty but in the NFL it's allowed.

Yep, that's exactly what I was thinking of when I wrote the above post. I've seen LOADS of guys do this in the NFL and never get called.