Jeneret

Mile High

I just wathed it on Center Ice, with the Rangers broadcast...was there any explanation as to why Jenerett wasn't there?

BTW- IIRC, back in the olden days, Ted Darling used to do the games on television with Lorentz, while Jenerett and Robaitaille did the radio broadcasts. Lorentz has been doing Sabres games forever...not surprised to hear he did a good job doing play by play.

He was sick...dont know what,though.

849170[/snapback]

Hope he didn't get what Ted Darling had in his later days. :lol:

As an aside: Someone told me (can't remember who) Rick J used to down a bunch of beer before/during games when he did only radio.

Just had a taste of life after RJ and gotta say, i'm not looking forward to that day.  Lorentz was ok, seemed like he got behind the play a lot though

849485[/snapback]

Wasn't there a rumour, before last season, that Jenerett was going to retire? Then I heard, with the success of the team, he decided to hang on to see how far they would go...

Yeah, it will be sad the day he makes his last call. I remember growing up, Ted Darling was "the man" for me. I hated listening to Rick on the radio...once Ted was gone though, and I was a little older, I really started to appreciate him a lot more.