SDS

mead107

I've been getting that error message a lot lately, too. First time it happened was a couple weeks ago or so, and it was like 3am. I thought something really big had happened and everyone was flooding the board in the middle of the night to talk about it :angry:

No. I heard that on TV. As you know, I use DUN, so I've noticed quite a difference.

Insert insult and rolleyes here... :doh:

847818[/snapback]

That has absolutely nothing to do with the error messages on TBD. :D

You may notice slower speeds on your DUN simply because more people are home for the holidays and using the same ISP. That doesn't mean the "internet" is being taken up by people shopping. :doh:

Here's a tip - when you hear something about technology on TV, disregard it because 99% of the time it's wrong. ;)

Oops, forgot my rolleyes: :angry:

:lol:

CW

That has absolutely nothing to do with the error messages on TBD.  :doh:

You may notice slower speeds on your DUN simply because more people are home for the holidays and using the same ISP.  Here's a tip - when you hear something about technology on TV, disregard it because 99% of the time it's wrong. ;)

Oops, forgot my rolleyes:  :angry: 

:D

CW

847888[/snapback]

Fez...give me a break...I'm aware about TV, and if you re-read my first post here, I spoke about the shopping traffic. :lol:

BTW, after I took the time to give you a non-smart*ss rundown of the costs of cat dentistry, did you get it taken care of?

:doh:

Fixed.

848159[/snapback]

Yeah, I only manage 700 UNIX servers (many of which are B2C and B2B) for a living, but have no idea what I'm talking about. :devil:;)

Cincy - We did end up finding a highly recommended vet just down the street from us (instead of 25 miles away) to clean her teeth and remove the bad one. The cat looked drunk when we got her back - wobbled and fell over a lot from the meds. Sad and funny at the same time. :lol:

(and most of the internet isn't being taken up by people researching shopping. Downloading a webpage takes hardly anything, compared to downloading programs, sending email attachments, etc, etc. Shoppers aren't clogging the internet with traffic :lol: ).

CW

Yeah, I only manage 700 UNIX servers (many of which are B2C and B2B) for a living, but have no idea what I'm talking about.  :lol:  :)

Cincy - We did end up finding a highly recommended vet just down the street from us (instead of 25 miles away) to clean her teeth and remove the bad one.  The cat looked drunk when we got her back - wobbled and fell over a lot from the meds.  Sad and funny at the same time. :)

(and most of the internet isn't being taken up by people researching shopping.  Downloading a webpage takes hardly anything, compared to downloading programs, sending email attachments, etc, etc.  Shoppers aren't clogging the internet with traffic :) ).

CW

848675[/snapback]

STOP FILLING UP THE TUBES

I have the guy watching the server tonight to see if anything shows. As Fezmid pointed out to me - the cookbook was getting hammered with comment spam and there is an outside chance that was the problem. We had 70,000 pieces of retatta in there... I disabled it and will monitor the situation. Please be patient as it is very hard to diagnose sporadic spikes when you aren't diagnosing within that 2 minute time frame.