Great Article About Greggo on ESPN.com

Peter

This one wasn't posted here:

Sound familiar?  I am mentally replaying Tom Brady killing us over and over again.

847360[/snapback]

Didn't GW, when asked why he was changing the #2 Defense from a 3-4 to a 4-3, he chimed in that the #1 defense was the Titans and that they ran a 4-3. That showed his arrogance. Other instance was when Cowart showed his displeasure, his reply was "Cowart will play what position I ask him to".

Didn't GW, when asked why he was changing the #2 Defense from a 3-4 to a 4-3, he chimed in that the #1 defense was the Titans and that they ran a 4-3. That showed his arrogance. Other instance was when Cowart showed his displeasure, his reply was "Cowart will play what position I ask him to".

847489[/snapback]

You are exactly correct.

I have a "moll" at One Bills Drive...this person tells me that, unlike Mike Mularkey who was generally liked by everyone, Gregg Williams not so much...this person always described him as arrogant and condesceding (the same words they use to describe the man who hired him)...it sounds like things haven't changed much.

Funny, I was just thinking a week or two ago, watching the Redskins, how nobody talks about Williams as a HC candidate this year.  It will be interesting to see who runs that team, if Gibbs retires again...it always seemed a foregone conclusion it would be Williams again, but after reading this, I have my doubts.

847307[/snapback]

I have a mole at OBD as well who said the same thing. Also said Jerry Gray is the biggest a-hole he has ever met. Everything in this article is consistent with what I have heard in the past.

I have a "moll" at One Bills Drive...this person tells me that, unlike Mike Mularkey who was generally liked by everyone, Gregg Williams not so much...this person always described him as arrogant and condesceding (the same words they use to describe the man who hired him)...it sounds like things haven't changed much.

Funny, I was just thinking a week or two ago, watching the Redskins, how nobody talks about Williams as a HC candidate this year.  It will be interesting to see who runs that team, if Gibbs retires again...it always seemed a foregone conclusion it would be Williams again, but after reading this, I have my doubts.

847307[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure if the chronology of the GW-MM eras were reversed, more people would agree w/ me that GW was worse.

I'm pretty sure if the chronology of the GW-MM eras were reversed, more people would agree w/ me that GW was worse.

847641[/snapback]

One thing to note is that MM had to inherit the defense of GW for better or worse. GW blew up both sides of the ball and had to account for that performance. MM only blew up the offense, for better or worse. And MM blew up an offense that needed to be fixed--even if he failed in doing so. GW blew up a defense that did not need to be fixed.