Jamal Lewis out for game vs. Bills

Lori

(Otherwise known as Stuart Scott.)

According to ESPN sources in Balto, Lewis will play against Washington this Sunday night, then be suspended for two games (Bills and Eagles) following the cRavens' Week 6 bye.

Gotta love the morality of this one. Let's overreact to the whole Janet Jackson scenario, but when a guy pleads guilty to drug charges, let's just give him a light sentence and a couple weeks off work.

Only in America. Or, is it Amurrica?

Gotta love the morality of this one.  Let's overreact to the whole Janet Jackson scenario, but when a guy pleads guilty to drug charges, let's just give him a light sentence and a couple weeks off work. 

Only in America.  Or, is it Amurrica?

61307[/snapback]

Money, get away

Get a good job with more pay and your O.K.

Money it's a gas

Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash

New car, caviar, four star daydream,

Think I'll buy me a football team...

Money, get away

Get a good job with more pay and your O.K.

Money it's a gas

Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash

New car, caviar, four star daydream,

Think I'll buy me a football team...

61310[/snapback]

Money so they say is the root of all evil today.

That song never goes out of style.

It wil be interesting to see how the Ravens operate without him. I see him a lot on tv, with Bal being in Cin's division. He's a fine rb, but teams seem to run a lot of that 8-in-the-box stuff against the Ravens, and if he pops through it goes for big yards. Against the Ravens, I'd tend tend towards a more conventional def. when he's on the field, and contain.

Both Boller and return man Brightful must dip their hands in Crisco - fumbles, fumbles all the time.

It wil be interesting to see how the Ravens operate without him.  I see him a lot on tv, with Bal being in Cin's division. He's a fine rb, but teams seem to run a lot of that 8-in-the-box stuff against the Ravens, and if he pops through it goes for big yards.  Against the Ravens, I'd tend tend towards a more conventional def. when he's on the field, and contain.

Both Boller and return man Brightful must dip their hands in Crisco - fumbles, fumbles all the time.

61551[/snapback]

The problem is that Boller isn't considered a passing threat yet, so teams can focus on Lewis. It's a cliche, but basically...take Lewis out and make Boller beat you, which is a tall task right now. He does show signs of being a really good quarterback sometimes, like vs. KC, but I wonder whether that is actually saying very much.

It wil be interesting to see how the Ravens operate without him.  I see him a lot on tv, with Bal being in Cin's division. He's a fine rb, but teams seem to run a lot of that 8-in-the-box stuff against the Ravens, and if he pops through it goes for big yards.  Against the Ravens, I'd tend tend towards a more conventional def. when he's on the field, and contain.

61551[/snapback]

The left side of their line, with Mulitalo and Ogden, is very good. When Ogden was out, Jamal suffered. With him back in the lineup, he's been able to run better. As long as those two guys are up front, they can plug in anyone else and be able to get at least decent production from them.

Boller is another one of Billick's Frankenstein monsters (see Chris Redman) who doesn't look like he can handle the pros. I could be wrong, but so far, he's shown very little.

The problem is that Boller isn't considered a passing threat yet, so teams can focus on Lewis. It's a cliche, but basically...take Lewis out and make Boller beat you, which is a tall task right now. He does show signs of being a really good quarterback sometimes, like vs. KC, but I wonder whether that is actually saying very much.

61562[/snapback]

Im more worried about Todd Heap than anyone else they have on Offense. I hope his ankle isnt quite ready to play against us. If he plays he'll eat up anyone we can put on him.

61551[/snapback]

Brightful is long gone... he just got cut by the Felons the other week.

Boller looks better in his 2nd year,

but he's still prone to making critical mistakes.

IF the Bills show up and play for 60 minutes,

The Ravens can be beaten with or without Jamal IMO.

True, Kelly. In so many ways, the TE position is hurting the Bills. On offense, they're ineffective and on defense, with our problems at safety and with a MLB not known for great coverage skills, they're a factor we have much trouble stopping.

Gotta love the morality of this one.  Let's overreact to the whole Janet Jackson scenario, but when a guy pleads guilty to drug charges, let's just give him a light sentence and a couple weeks off work. 

61307[/snapback]

True - we are talking about drugs though - what's worse than that?

He would've been better off being involved in a murder like another Lewis on Baltimore, in which case, there is no suspension.

Brightful is long gone... he just got cut by the Felons the other week.

Boller looks better in his 2nd year,

but he's still prone to making critical mistakes.

IF the Bills show up and play for 60 minutes,

The Ravens can be beaten with or without Jamal IMO.

61566[/snapback]

Thanks for the update. I'm guilty of accusing the wrong man. ;)

Whoever it was, was not good - unless I am confusing teams, which is always possible. :lol:

I agree - the Ravens are beatable.

61307[/snapback]

But it wasn't Janet Jackson that had any penelties (that I heard of), it was CBS for not taking proper precautions. So I don't think they're the same.

CW

But it wasn't Janet Jackson that had any penelties (that I heard of), it was CBS for not taking proper precautions.  So I don't think they're the same.

CW

61607[/snapback]

There's no argument here, so don't look for one.

My comment was directed at society in general, NOT to CBS or the legal system in particular.

The same people who flew off the handle about the Janet Jackson issue don't mind seeing commercials where the underlying message is to lie to people or steal from someone (that one with the rocks in the fridge?) or even promote promiscuity (the one where the guy says,"...I don't even know this woman's name..."). That, to me, is hypocrisy.