Anyone have their CISSP certification?

Fezmid

I'm taking a training class for the cert next week, and have to decide whether I want to take the exam in December or wait. If I take it in Dec and fail, it costs me $500 as my company only reimburses when I pass... So there's a bit of pressure.

Just curious if anyone here has it.

I'm taking a training class for the cert next week, and have to decide whether I want to take the exam in December or wait.  If I take it in Dec and fail, it costs me $500 as my company only reimburses when I pass...  So there's a bit of pressure.

Just curious if anyone here has it.

847167[/snapback]

I'd take it. The sec. world hasn't really interested me mostly because our sec. department is full of FBI agent wanna-be weenies.... "We need to investigate the situation before the purpetrator reconfigures the logging components to tamper with solid evidence ::snort snort::." I'm surprised they don't talk into their speaker phones using 10-codes.

Honestly though, that one's probably worth it. I rack most of those up there with the extended support on an RCA; just another way to bring in more money from customers. CCIE, CISSP, RHCE, some of the developer certs - those are probably worth it.

First day of class was fine. I already know most of the concepts from my job, as well as from my CS degree, so I think I'm ok. The only thing I'm worried about is that the instructor said the actual test questions (as opposed to the practice questions) are very convoluted. So we'll see...

Just have to make sure I pass so that I'm not out $500! :D

First day of class was fine.  I already know most of the concepts from my job, as well as from my CS degree, so I think I'm ok.  The only thing I'm worried about is that the instructor said the actual test questions (as opposed to the practice questions) are very convoluted.  So we'll see...

Just have to make sure I pass so that I'm not out $500!  :D

850446[/snapback]

When I took one of the Java tests (which I never use) it was worded all goofy like that. I passed it, but I wasn't so sure going through it.

First day of class was fine.  I already know most of the concepts from my job, as well as from my CS degree, so I think I'm ok.  The only thing I'm worried about is that the instructor said the actual test questions (as opposed to the practice questions) are very convoluted.  So we'll see...

Just have to make sure I pass so that I'm not out $500!  :D

850446[/snapback]

just do it , everyone at the wall is with you .

Wow, Fez what a potty mouth!  :P

851222[/snapback]

That's me :D

I just registered for the test... Not only do I have to fork over $500 (which I'll hopefully get back since I plan on passing), but the test is on December 17th -- the day we play the Dolphins!!! :lol::P So if I fail, it's a double whammy. :beer::nana:

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I took the test, and.... I have no idea how I did. As one of the other guys who took the test said, "It's a crap shoot."

The wording on the test is terrible and is simply a way to try and trick you up. It doesn't test what you know, it tests how well you can decode what they're saying and pick the answer that they want you to (not necessarily what the right answer is... :ph34r: ). Oh well, cross my fingers and wait and see what happens.

Well, I took the test, and....  I have no idea how I did.  As one of the other guys who took the test said, "It's a crap shoot."

The wording on the test is terrible and is simply a way to try and trick you up.  It doesn't test what you know, it tests how well you can decode what they're saying and pick the answer that they want you to (not necessarily what the right answer is...  :ph34r:  ).  Oh well, cross my fingers and wait and see what happens.

869630[/snapback]

Hope you passed! :doh:

Well, I took the test, and....  I have no idea how I did.  As one of the other guys who took the test said, "It's a crap shoot."

The wording on the test is terrible and is simply a way to try and trick you up.  It doesn't test what you know, it tests how well you can decode what they're saying and pick the answer that they want you to (not necessarily what the right answer is...  :ph34r:  ).  Oh well, cross my fingers and wait and see what happens.

869630[/snapback]

Don't worry Fez... All that practice on PPP will pay off!

:bag::lol:

You will be fine... Crossing my fingers for ya!

:doh:

869630[/snapback]

Hope things went well and you passed :doh:

• 3 weeks later...