San Diego vs Dallas XLI

Cornerville

As funny as it sounds, the 49'ers could very well win the NFC West.  :devil:

846688[/snapback]

And it really does sound funny. But wouldnt a west coast Super Bowl be great? San Diego vs San Fran? San Fran would be way better than seeing the Cowfags in there.

I do think that the Chargers look like the best team in football right now, but I am skeptical of any Marty Schottenhiemer coached team. We all know how awesome Marty is when it counts. Almost as good as Peyton Manning.

846675[/snapback]

Exactly.. neither one will get the job done when it counts most, take it to the bank.

OTOH, I've said before that I would love to see Romo get Drew another ring...

help solidify his HOF 1st-ballot chances. :devil::devil::o

You always have to look at HOW a team loses though. Do they lost by 10-15 points (which is what Dallas is beating their opponents by lately) or did they lose by a fluke blocked field goal and a fantom 15 yard face mask that setup a makeable field goal instead of a field goal 10 yards further out? Mhm.

846689[/snapback]

A valid point. While the facemask should have been a 5 yarder instead of a 15 yarder, I do'nt think a blocked FG is a fluke play, it's part of the game.

I also would add that if the Cowboys are a very dominant team, then the Redskins would'nt have even been able to keep this game as close as it was.

Or you could just chalk that up to "Any Given Sunday..."

Dallas is hitting their stride at the right time....

Chargers are loaded...have the best player in football...a great young QB who rarely makes bad throws...Merriman and Castillo will be huge in Jan...

What do you all think??

846612[/snapback]

I think you will change your tune after the Bills annihilate the Chargers here on December 3rd!

As for Dallas, they have 2 chances of playing in Superbowl XLI - the first is slim, the second is none! (excuse crummy rhyme)

GO BILLS!!!!

:devil:

You always have to look at HOW a team loses though. Do they lost by 10-15 points (which is what Dallas is beating their opponents by lately) or did they lose by a fluke blocked field goal and a fantom 15 yard face mask that setup a makeable field goal instead of a field goal 10 yards further out? Mhm.

846689[/snapback]

As Vader said that's a valid point, but I'm still not convinced they're the best team in the division.

People can try to blame everything on Bledsoe (I'm certainly not a fan of his) but to me there's no excuse for getting your ass kicked at home on both sides of the ball on national TV in a game that is significantly more important to you than your opponent. That it what happened to Dallas vs. the Giants on Monday night. Do I sound like a bitter bettor who put a wager on Dallas that game? :devil:

SD has an amazing offense, and I think they are the most talented team in the afc, however they can't week after week expect to continue to overcome 20 point deficits. In the AFC West KC seems to be emerging as a legit playoff caliber team. Their defense has improved leaps and bounds. They could play spoilers. IThey're not getting talked about because they dont have a Tomlinson or Rivers or Merriman, but they're playing every bit as balanced as SD, and their rb seems to be every bit as good although not as flashy as LT. Herm has done wonders with a defense that was a league laughinstock the past few years. However it's Herm and Marty either one or both are capable of a gaffer. Denvers defense has taken a dramatic fall from earlier in the year, and with the colts inability to stop the run I believe that will translate in the inability to win a playoff game. You also can't count out the Patriots, but right now I'd have to lean with the side of SD.

Dallas did the right thing moving on from Bledsoe and inserting Romo. However if they have one issue that almost be just as big might be Marion Barber supplanting Julius Jones. Jones over the last 6 games has 105 attempts for 359 yards 3.4ypc and 1 td. If you can't run the ball in the postseason you just wont cut it. It kind of gets lost in the shuffle that as good as Romo has been Julius Jones has not. I'd look for Barbers carries to increase as the season wears on. Carolina getting back Deangelo Williams is huge. It takes a lot of pressure off delhomme and brings back a much needed balance to the panthers offense. Right now they look like the only legit options to knock off Chicago with the Sehawks unable to run the ball, and the Aint's starting to slide. I'll still take Chicago for now, with the panthers as the dark horse.

SUPERBOWL 41 Chicago/SD

SD 20-13

Superbowl MVP- Phillip Rivers

Tony Romo will be MVP of the NFL. Maybe even superbowl MVP.

846623[/snapback]

poooor dreewy............he lost his job to tom brady...and then jp and now he loses it to romo!its taking us a little longer with jp but in the end it looks like whoever is behind bledsoe is the better choice to play qb for your team lol lol...go bills

I do think that the Chargers look like the best team in football right now, but I am skeptical of any Marty Schottenhiemer coached team. We all know how awesome Marty is when it counts. Almost as good as Peyton Manning.

846675[/snapback]

If SD played Indy in the AFC championship, would the game end in a tie? Either peyton or marty would be FORCED to WIN a big playoff game. I think the world would end.

If SD played Indy in the AFC championship, would the game end in a tie? Either peyton or marty would be FORCED to WIN a big playoff game. I think the world would end.

847051[/snapback]

It was funny going down the streatch last year because I knew Jake Plummer wasn't going to get a team to the SB, Ditto for Manning and the Patriots just didn't have the horses. Almost by process of elimination I knew Pittsburgh would represent the AFC.

BTW I don't think the Pats have the horses this year either. They have a couple of nice running backs and Ben Watson at TE, but I just don't like their skill position players. I'm almost forced into picking Baltimore by default to win the AFC. It ain't gonna be NE, Indy, Den or SD and those four teams are pretty well locks to be in the playoffs.

It was funny going down the streatch last year because I knew Jake Plummer wasn't going to get a team to the SB, Ditto for Manning and the Patriots just didn't have the horses. Almost by process of elimination I knew Pittsburgh would represent the AFC.

BTW I don't think the Pats have the horses this year either. They have a couple of nice running backs and Ben Watson at TE, but I just don't like their skill position players. I'm almost forced into picking Baltimore by default to win the AFC. It ain't gonna be NE, Indy, Den or SD and those four teams are pretty well locks to be in the playoffs.

847061[/snapback]

Why not SD?

It ain't gonna be NE, Indy, Den or SD and those four teams are pretty well locks to be in the playoffs.

847061[/snapback]

How is Denver a lock to make the playoffs? If they make the move to a rookie QB I'd toss their playoff chances down the toilet unless Cutler turns out to be one of the few rookies in the history of the game that plays very well from the get go.

Scottenhiemmer. i said it earlier in the thread.

847135[/snapback]

Has Marty ever had the best player in the NFL...a really good young QB, arguably the best defensive player in the AFC..maybe even the NFL...and arguably the best TE in the NFL all on one team???