San Diego vs Dallas XLI

Cornerville

Dallas is hitting their stride at the right time....

Chargers are loaded...have the best player in football...a great young QB who rarely makes bad throws...Merriman and Castillo will be huge in Jan...

What do you all think??

846612[/snapback]

I think it's only week 12. Injuries and other intangibles always come into play. In today's watered down NFL, nothing is guaranteed.

Chargers are loaded...have the best player in football...a great young QB who rarely makes bad throws...Merriman and Castillo will be huge in Jan...

What do you all think??

846612[/snapback]

I think you went to the Sean Salisbury "I love the team that happens to be hottest currently" school of predictions.

I think you went to the Sean Salisbury "I love the team that happens to be hottest currently" school of predictions.

846625[/snapback]

Um....nooo I am not a ESPN lover and worshiper...which I bet you are based on your comment....

Im just observing the play on the field

Um....nooo I am not a ESPN lover and worshiper...which I bet you are based on your comment....

846627[/snapback]

Not at all. I'm just saying, the two "hottest" teams in November aren't necessarily the best. Salisbury seems to be the posterboy for bandwagon jumping. If Dallas doesn't beat the Giants next week they'll have to play 3 road games in the playoffs.

I can buy San Diego making it to the Super Bowl but Dallas ain't gonna make it.  Either the Bears or Panthers will represent the NFC.

846614[/snapback]

The Bears are really starting to slow down lately. In the past 3 weeks they are only averaging about 20 points a game, and their defense is giving up on average 17 points a game. That is quite a turnaround from the first half of the season.

And the Cowboys beat the Panthers by 3 TD's just a few weeks ago.

The Bears are really starting to slow down lately. In the past 3 weeks they are only averaging about 20 points a game, and their defense is giving up on average 17 points a game. That is quite a turnaround from the first half of the season.

846657[/snapback]

At this time last year nobody thought the Steelers would even be in the playoffs. Hot teams in November aren't the teams that get it done, there are simply too many games left to really know who will be hot going into the playoffs. All this SB talk is pre-mature for any team.

At this time last year nobody thought the Steelers would even be in the playoffs.  Hot teams in November aren't the teams that get it done, there are simply too many games left to really know who will be hot going into the playoffs.  All this SB talk is pre-mature for any team.

846660[/snapback]

If you were talking early November then I would agree with you ... but this is late November/near December. Also you picked 1 situation out of the past 5 years ...

NE 2004: 14-2

NE 2003: 14-2

TB 2002: 7-2, last 9 games

NE 2001: 8-1, last 9 games

BAL 2000: 7-2, last 9 games

STL 1999: 7-2, last 9 games

Those teams were all pretty hot were they not? Pitt was an exception.

846657[/snapback]

Then the Cowboys lost to the Redskins the week after that. I'm not ready to annoint the Cowboys NFC Champions just yet.

What do you all think??

846612[/snapback]

Nope......Bills vs 49ers.

Take it to the bank. :devil:

Then the Cowboys lost to the Redskins the week after that. I'm not ready to annoint the Cowboys NFC Champions just yet.

846680[/snapback]

You always have to look at HOW a team loses though. Do they lost by 10-15 points (which is what Dallas is beating their opponents by lately) or did they lose by a fluke blocked field goal and a fantom 15 yard face mask that setup a makeable field goal instead of a field goal 10 yards further out? Mhm.

At this time last year nobody thought the Steelers would even be in the playoffs.  Hot teams in November aren't the teams that get it done, there are simply too many games left to really know who will be hot going into the playoffs.  All this SB talk is pre-mature for any team.

846660[/snapback]

you are correct and it is not to late for the bills to get hot and make a run .....time to bump off some playoff contenders at home !! :devil: