Great article on Tiki

Dawgg

Giants average 28 rush attempts per game and 33 passing attempts per game.

Not all that bad in terms of balance.

It's not like Coughlin hasnt been outcoached before and probably will be outcoached again. He has a big prefrence for passing offense over the run game.It cost him superbowl opportunities in jacksonville, and now being in the media capital,  he can expect to hear plenty criticism for his coaching style or lack thereof, especially when players bring it up. I dont see anything wrong with what tiki said it's pretty much true.

847031[/snapback]

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not like Coughlin hasnt been outcoached before and probably will be outcoached again. He has a big prefrence for passing offense over the run game.It cost him superbowl opportunities in jacksonville, and now being in the media capital,  he can expect to hear plenty criticism for his coaching style or lack thereof, especially when players bring it up. I dont see anything wrong with what tiki said it's pretty much true.

847031[/snapback]

Calling out the coach in the media is a dirtbag move. It's disrespectful, self-serving and does nothing but undermine a team. But apparently that's a-ok with a lot of people around here. :devil:

Calling out the coach in the media is a dirtbag move. It's disrespectful, self-serving and does nothing but undermine a team. But apparently that's a-ok with a lot of people around here.  :devil:

847053[/snapback]

It's okay when the player is right. Have you ever had an awful boss in your life? You kept your mouth shut, though, right?

It's okay when the player is right.  Have you ever had an awful boss in your life?  You kept your mouth shut, though, right?

847065[/snapback]

It's ok if he does it behind close doors. It's a dirtbag move a la TO and Moss when a player goes to the media to air the team's dirty laundry. To top it all off the Tiki sucked when he had the opportunity to run or catch the football. Ever heard of the term a player needs to "look in the mirror" before mouthing off in public? He never once talked about how bad his play was that day, yet he was more than happy to call the coaches stupid. It's totally uncalled for and classless.

The answer is no. :angry:

Ever heard of the term a player needs to "look in the mirror" before mouthing off in public? He never once talked about how bad his play was that day, yet he was more than happy to call the coaches stupid. It's totally uncalled for and classless.

847072[/snapback]

I'd suggest reading the article.  3rd paragraph:

According to Newsday, Coughlin told Barber to stop criticizing the coaching staff publicly, while the New York Daily News reported that Coughlin said Barber's outburst was "inappropriate and unacceptable." There was no word as to whether Barber would be fined.

847021[/snapback]

HAHA! That whole aricle was written based on 3 words that MAY have been said by Coughlin??? Unbelievable.

Giants average 28 rush attempts per game and 33 passing attempts per game.

Not all that bad in terms of balance.

847041[/snapback]

VS Indianapolis Lost 21-26 Tiki had LESS than 20 rushes

VS @Philadelphia Won 30-24 Tiki had MORE than 20 rushes

VS @Seattle Lost 30-42 Tiki had LESS than 20 rushes

Week 4 BYE

VS Washington Won 19-3 Tiki had MORE than 20 rushes

VS @Atlanta Won 27-14 Tiki had MORE than 20 rushes

VS @Dallas Won 36-22 Tiki had MORE than 20 rushes

VS Tampa Bay Won 17-3 Tiki had MORE than 20 rushes

VS Houston Won 14-10 Tiki had LESS than 20 rushes

VS Chicago Lost 20-38 Tiki had LESS than 20 rushes

VS @Jacksonville Lost 10-26 Tiki had LESS than 20 rushes

Ok. Now when Tiki has rushed for 20 or more carries the Giants are 6-0 ... When Tiki had LESS than 20 carries the Giants are 1-4. Now tell me Tiki doesnt have a point :angry:

Here's an updated article. His coach obviously didn't appreciate it and I agree with him. Others don't. And that's why this country is great!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2674262

"The comments that were made, obviously, are disappointing to me, and the fact of the matter is that my door is always open and that's where it is to start," said Coughlin, who also had a meeting with Shockey after his blowup.

"People are to come to me if they have an issue with anything," Coughlin added. "I'll be glad to talk to them about it. It is not necessary to go to the media with this kind of stuff. It can be handled internally."

"There is no question about my commitment to that: the balance, the running the ball," Coughlin said. "I have said it since Day 1. Look at Tiki's numbers over the three years. Were they the same as they were before I got here? Just check that part out, too, while you are doing it."

:angry:  :w00t:  :lol:

Don't hold your breath waiting for him to ask for a retraction.  ;)

847179[/snapback]

Here's an updated article.  His coach obviously didn't appreciate it and I agree with him.  Others don't. And that's why this country is great!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2674262

"The comments that were made, obviously, are disappointing to me, and the fact of the matter is that my door is always open and that's where it is to start," said Coughlin, who also had a meeting with Shockey after his blowup.

"People are to come to me if they have an issue with anything," Coughlin added. "I'll be glad to talk to them about it. It is not necessary to go to the media with this kind of stuff. It can be handled internally."

"There is no question about my commitment to that: the balance, the running the ball," Coughlin said. "I have said it since Day 1. Look at Tiki's numbers over the three years. Were they the same as they were before I got here? Just check that part out, too, while you are doing it."

847440[/snapback]

No doubt Tiki is a great player.... but I think the Giants will be better off in the long run without him.

Wait so they'd be better off without  a rb whos #'s since 2000 are better then any rb in the league?  How the hell did you come up with that gem?

847449[/snapback]

There's no I in TEAM. :angry: No need for that kind of showmanship in this league.

No doubt Tiki is a great player.... but I think the Giants will be better off in the long run without him.

847444[/snapback]

Unless they draft another Barry Sanders type of player .... wow.

That takes the cake. I dont believe I have ever seen a more ridiculous post. You are seriously trying to say that the Giants will be better WITHOUT the best statistical RB of the past 3-4 years. :angry:

Unless they draft another Barry Sanders type of player .... wow.

That takes the cake. I dont believe I have ever seen a more ridiculous post. You are seriously trying to say that the Giants will be better WITHOUT the best statistical RB of the past 3-4 years.  :angry:

847474[/snapback]

I wouldn't expect a drooling fanboy like you to understand...

you get all starstruck & worked up over stats and it just gets too, too EMO. :D

Did you get your Peyton Gump jersey yet? :lol:

I wouldn't expect a drooling fanboy like you to understand...

you get all starstruck & worked up over stats and it just gets too, too EMO.  :D   

Did you get your Peyton Gump jersey yet? :lol:

847623[/snapback]

I wouldnt expect someone like you to stay on TRACK in a thread about Tiki ... and you didnt dissapoint. By page three you are bringing up Peyton :angry: