Great article on Tiki

Dawgg

If he called out the coach and the rest of the team was not thinking it, that would be one thing. That would affect unity. Yet I would dare to say that most of the Giants team (and fan-base if you look at their forums) was thinking the same thing. RUN THE DARN BALL! He just voiced what other people thought. He did not affect the Giants unity at all. Heck, after Shockey critisized the coach they won 5 straight games. Go figure.

846713[/snapback]

You condone calling out coaches in the media, I don't. The Giants beating bad teams like the Redskins, Falcons, Cowboys (w/ Beldsoe), Bucs and Texans had more to do with their 5 game winning streak than Shockey's moronic media outburst. The mere fact that you condone this sort of garbage confirms that you and me DO NOT see eye to eye when it comes to football. You must be a huge fan of TO and Randy Moss.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You condone calling out coaches in the media, I don't. The Giants beating bad teams like the Redskins, Falcons, Cowboys (w/ Beldsoe), Bucs and Texans had more to do with their 5 game winning streak than Shockey's moronic media outburst. The mere fact that you condone this sort of garbage confirms that you and me DO NOT see eye to eye when it comes to football. You must be a huge fan of TO and Randy Moss.

846720[/snapback]

Any Given Sunday ... just because those teams have poor records does not mean they were unworthy opponents. Look at Arizona and how they played Chicago.

Thanks Coach Mularkey. How'd they fare through the air?

The fact of the matter is the press was all over Manning when Tiki stepped up and blamed the coaches for the playcalling. The press pretty much left Manning alone after that. It was a veteran move that did a hell of alot MORE for team unity than any of you naysayers seem to understand.

Agreed.

Thanks Coach Mularkey.  How'd they fare through the air?

846717[/snapback]

Not very well and it was a very poor day at the office for Eli Manning. He missed open receivers and was flat out inaccurate on numerous occassions... quite uncharacteristic of Manning this season but the fact of the matter is the opportunities were there in the passing game and Eli failed to hit them. Let's not forget the fact that the Jags were playing without their starting safety after Darius went down in the first quarter -- perhaps a contributing factor in the Giants' passing game.

Add to it Tiki's drops and sub-par performance, it was just a bad game all around. Poor play had more to do with the outcome than the play calling. Instead of looking in the mirror and pointing to areas where he could have played better (which is what MOST classy veterans do), this so-called "team-uniting" veteran calls out his coach in the media.

Real smart.

This is the same loser who had his panties up in a wad because Irvin and Jackson speculated that his retirement was a potential team distraction.

Sincerely,

Coach Mularkey

Not very well and it was a very poor day at the office for Eli Manning.  He missed open receivers and was flat out inaccurate on numerous occassions... quite uncharacteristic of Manning this season but the fact of the matter is the opportunities were there in the passing game and Eli failed to hit them.  Let's not forget the fact that the Jags were playing without their starting safety after Darius went down in the first quarter -- perhaps a contributing factor in the Giants' passing game.

Add to it Tiki's drops and sub-par performance, it was just a bad game all around.  Poor play had more to do with the outcome than the play calling.  Instead of looking in the mirror and pointing to areas where he could have played better (which is what MOST classy veterans do), this so-called "team-uniting" veteran calls out his coach in the media.

Real smart.

This is the same loser who had his panties up in a wad because Irvin and Jackson speculated that his retirement was a potential team distraction.

Sincerely,

Coach Mularkey

846729[/snapback]

I take it your one of the supporters of last years Bills team passing on 1st and ONE, 2nd and ONE, and 3rd and one.

PlayCalling:

40+ pass attempts

- (minus) 15 rush attempts

I love to watch Tiki play, but I've always though he was pretty fake & full of sh-- as a person... especially with the orchestrated retirement "announcement" this year (drop a few nuggets around the sports reporter until he picks up the story & runs with it). This article doesn't surprise me at all.

What a surprise...just consider the source. The 'NY Post' is one of the worst rags in the country. They're even a joke in their own city.

dude - this is sports, we're not making judgements about the presidential election. The sports section of the post isn't considered a joke by any means...unless you'd prefer the HORRIBLE sports section of the oh so fine Times....

That has been my feeling as well.

I love to watch Tiki play, but I've always though he was pretty fake & full of sh-- as a person... especially with the orchestrated retirement "announcement" this year (drop a few nuggets around the sports reporter until he picks up the story & runs with it). This article doesn't surprise me at all.

846760[/snapback]

How was your Thanksgiving?

846883[/snapback]

It was great. I had supper with Tiki and Ronde and we sat around having lots of chuckles about pinhead fanboys who can't handle it when well-developed, independent-minded ballplayers break the cliche mold and speak intelligently about the game.

Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving... are you going to the game?

Speaking intelligently about the game is one thing -- throwing your coaches under the bus in the media is quite another. I suppose that distinction is lost on you, which is fine. In the weeks leading up to game in Houston, Lee Evans had reason to complain to the media about the conservative game plan, the inconsistent QB play and poor offensive line play.

He didn't.

He told me himself at the dinner table! :devil:

It was great. I had supper with Tiki and Ronde and we sat around having lots of chuckles about pinhead fanboys who can't handle it when well-developed, independent-minded ballplayers break the cliche mold and speak intelligently about the game.

846901[/snapback]

Throwing Knives

is no

Shock!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, a great article from a great paper. :devil:

I saw nothing out of Barber's mouth which remotely resembled throwing anybody under any busses. Yet when some hack uses explosive language in 48 point font and puts a biased spin on a non-event, there will always be some weak-minded suckers marching right behind him in idiot lockstep because its easier to yell than think.

His coach certainly took offense to it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2674262

Pointing out that you need balance to win is fine (which he did). But to go further and to say that this is not rocket science (insinuating that his coaches are stupid) AND that the gameplan is an insult to him and his offensive line is selfish. In any case, it's not that big a deal... at least he is a great player. Same can't be said about many other loudmouths in the league.

Throwing Knives

is no

Shock!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, a great article from a great paper.  :devil:

I saw nothing out of Barber's mouth which remotely resembled throwing anybody under any busses. Yet when some hack uses explosive language in 48 point font and puts a biased spin on a non-event, there will always be some weak-minded suckers marching right behind him in idiot lockstep because its easier to yell than think.

846957[/snapback]

His coach certainly took offense to it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2674262

Pointing out that you need balance to win is fine (which he did).  But to go further and to say that this is not rocket science (insinuating that his coaches are stupid) AND that the gameplan is an insult to him and his offensive line is selfish.  In any case, it's not that big a deal... at least he is a great player. Same can't be said about many other loudmouths in the league.

846983[/snapback]

Was there ANY quotes by Coughlin in that entire article? :devil:

I'd suggest reading the article. 3rd paragraph:

According to Newsday, Coughlin told Barber to stop criticizing the coaching staff publicly, while the New York Daily News reported that Coughlin said Barber's outburst was "inappropriate and unacceptable." There was no word as to whether Barber would be fined.

Was there ANY quotes by Coughlin in that entire article?  :devil:

847018[/snapback]

It's not like Coughlin hasnt been outcoached before and probably will be outcoached again. He has a big prefrence for passing offense over the run game.It cost him superbowl opportunities in jacksonville, and now being in the media capital, he can expect to hear plenty criticism for his coaching style or lack thereof, especially when players bring it up. I dont see anything wrong with what tiki said it's pretty much true.