Flexible school

Fezmid

I actually agree with AD's comments (look, I put the apostrophe in the right place as well! <_< ).Just read these boards and you'll see that a majority (?) of people can't know how to spell and don't know how to use proper grammar.  Try to correct them, and they retort with, "It's just a message board, I know how to spell if it's important."  I've never bought that excuse -- I don't sit down and think to myself, "How do I spell this word?"  I just know how to spell from learning in school.  It's second nature from SCHOOL.

CW

846054[/snapback]

Thank you.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn right!  I'm tired of all these fuggers who can't know how to spell!!!!  <_<

846060[/snapback]

It's not their fault they can't know how to spell, it's just that they're dumb. :blink:

(lame save attempt... :blink: ).

CW

It's not their fault they can't know how to spell, it's just that they're dumb. :blink:

(lame save attempt... :blink: ).

CW

846075[/snapback]

LOL....I figured you just got caught changing your thoughts, so I wanted to quote it before you caught it <_<:blink:

Ummm, if you say so....  <_<  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

:blink:

846083[/snapback]

LMAO!!

I read the first two words of that quote and immediately reacted in my head with, "geeezus, what the !@#$ did I just write???" :blink:

Yeah.  I find it more productive than wasting my time worshipping.

I'm sure it's possible.  However, it's not all that probable.

Uh, thanks?  I'd hate like hell for you to have to get all internet tough guy.  That'd blow my whole image of the majority of you Jesus freaks being hypocrites.

Some guys play golf.

846064[/snapback]

Worshipping? Jesus freak? I have told you this a few times but I will tell you again. Thats not the type of person I am. Please do not try to lump me in with the nuts of the Christian body. In fact they would (and have) called me a heretic. They believe I am against everything they stand for. I dont go too church very often. I dont like the plastic smiles and the fake everything that is associated with it. I dont read the Bible as much as you would think ... and I try to never shove my religion down other peoples throats. Many people say I do so by saying such things as "abortion should be illegal" ... well maybe so, but guess what? Im not perfect, nor are you. I try to be a decent human being and not an ass to anyone spells something wrong or doesnt agree with my religion. In fact Im starting to think that you simply dont like me because I am a Christian. Big deal.

Why you have to be an ass to everyone who 1. Doesn't agree with you or 2. Doesn't spell a word right. So just share it. What is your problem?

I try to never shove my religion down other peoples throats. Many people say I do so by saying such things as "abortion should be legal" ...

846087[/snapback]

I don't know many Christians who believe THAT, bro....

Yes, I do actually.  Trig and geometry (used it to setup my home theater), english (I'm a pretty good fiction writer), typing (I can probably outtype 99.99% of people on this board - and I have the tendonitis to prove it! 0:) ), etc, etc.  Learned lots of stuff in school.

Besides, school isn't just about learning stuff to apply.  It makes you more well rounded.  Does it matter that I know Edison was born in Menlo Park?  Do I need that in my day to day life?  Not really, but it makes you a more interesting person.

CW

845858[/snapback]

I could go on at length about what a fine institution of learning the Buffalo public school system was, back in my day, during the post-war baby boom. All students took years of math, science, history, English, arts, and music (which was mostly having to sing in the classroom).

The high schools - the academic ones, Bennett, Riverside, Kensington, Fosdick-Masten, South Park, East, Grover Cleveland and Seneca, kept up that well-rounded curricula. The vocational schools - Burgard, Emerson, McKinley, produced generations of skilled tradesmen. Hutch Tech trained many an engineer-to-be.

My undergrad school, Buffalo State, had what they called a "core curricula" - all students regardless of major had to complete 36 hours in 4 disciplines - 9 hours in Math and Science, 9 in social sciences, 9 in humanities, and 9 in arts and music.

The idea being to expose students to a wide range of learning. They were against graduating students with minds in a groove. I suppose that has been pitched into the trash heap, nowadays.

Several years ago, I was watching a show on a PBS channel. It was a retrospective; images and folk's memories about public schools in NYC.

There was one high school that had these words carved in the marble above the front stairs of the main entrance:

"What I Am to Be, I Am Now Becoming"

Worshipping? Jesus freak? I have told you this a few times but I will tell you again. Thats not the type of person I am. Please do not try to lump me in with the nuts of the Christian body. In fact they would (and have) called me a heretic. They believe I am against everything they stand for. I dont go too church very often. I dont like the plastic smiles and the fake everything that is associated with it. I dont read the Bible as much as you would think ... and I try to never shove my religion down other peoples throats.

Right.

Many people say I do so by saying such things as "abortion should be illegal" ... well maybe so, but guess what? Im not perfect, nor are you. I try to be a decent human being and not an ass to anyone spells something wrong or doesnt agree with my religion.

Uh, one of the key facts of the thread is "people don't use what they learn in school" - which was made ironic by the fact that you regularly either misspell or use poor grammar in your posts. I'm sorry that's a difficult thing for you to deal with. Self introspection is supposed to be a Christian trait.

In fact Im starting to think that you simply dont like me because I am a Christian. Big deal.

I don't like you because you're an idiot. You could be a Wiccan Cleric with Level 5 Magic User for all I care.

Why you have to be an ass to everyone who 1. Doesn't agree with you or 2. Doesn't spell a word right. So just share it. What is your problem?

846087[/snapback]

I don't have a problem. Quite the contrary.

My undergrad school, Buffalo State, had what they called a "core curricula" - all students regardless of major had to complete 36 hours in 4 disciplines - 9 hours in Math and Science, 9 in social sciences, 9 in humanities, and 9 in arts and music.

The idea being to expose students to a wide range of learning. They were against graduating students with minds in a groove. I suppose that has been pitched into the trash heap, nowadays.

846093[/snapback]

Buff State, and most SUNY schools still have the general education stuff, where you need 3 credits of math, an english course, a presentation course, upper level writing, diversity, women's studies, etc... The fact of the matter is that this causes people w/ enough credits to not graduate on time because of the number of requirements (I for one), especially if they are in the education program or a double major. I have taken 50 credit hours in gen eds. with roughly 10 of them being practical to what i am going to school for. If I had to have 10-12 less gen. ed credit hours, i would have been able to graduate in 4 years no problem. but i am stuck here for the next semester plus because of the excess of gen. ed's. I understand why we have them, but it really needs to be scaled down a tad at public institutions, which are more likely to have a gen. ed program over private institutions.

Right.

Uh, one of the key facts of the thread is "people don't use what they learn in school" - which was made ironic by the fact that you regularly either misspell or use poor grammar in your posts.  I'm sorry that's a difficult thing for you to deal with.  Self introspection is supposed to be a Christian trait.

Fair enough.

I don't like you because you're an idiot.  You could be a Wiccan Cleric with Level 5 Magic User for all I care.

I don't have a problem.  Quite the contrary.

846118[/snapback]

Then why dont you just ignore me? Click the ignore button and when you see people who quote me in a post, just scroll on down. Not too hard. Have a good day.

Because I dont have the problem? I just wanted to know why he is being such an ass ... now I have my answer, Im fine. Im just giving him a solution because he seems to have such a problem with me.

846134[/snapback]

Which of us has been banned from this site in the past? Oh, that'd be you. That'd be reason number one to not give others advice on proper message board behavior, methinks...