slothrop

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They look ridiculous no doubt, but how could anyone forget about these?

845592[/snapback]

exactly, those are the astros unis that I would vote the worst of all time.....I cannot believe someone actually said, "oh yeah, let's go with these!" <_<

They look ridiculous no doubt, but how could anyone forget about these?

845592[/snapback]

Actually, it was zepp's mention of the Astros that started this whole mess. Your example is particularly good because it also illustrates the "confined afro" phenomenon.

Pretty nice actually. I'm a big fan of the logo for the German National Team.

Wasn't a fan of the 06 World Cup cartoon logo though.

845589[/snapback]

There are a lot of really great soccer unis out there, particularly in the English Premier League. Newcastle United has some really cool ones, and I think some of the teams in the Italian Serie A league are pretty slick.

I know most people on here dont' give a flying sh-- about soccer, but still.....<_<

There are a lot of really great soccer unis out there, particularly in the English Premier League. Newcastle United has some really cool ones, and I think some of the teams in the Italian Serie A league are pretty slick.

I know most people on here dont' give a flying sh-- about soccer, but still.....<_<

845598[/snapback]

In 1994, the World Cup came to the USA and introduced a whole bunch of people to world-class soccer who before then had no clue or didn't care. Up to that point, the US always wore pretty simple and sharp uniforms like this, by Adidas.

However, for the 94 World Cup, Adidas decided to change the uni's to something that was 'distinctively American,' and they came up with this, which wasn't even the worst uni they had. I remember a red striped uniform with 'denim' colored shorts that was just atrocious, but I couldn't find a pic to link to.

In 1994, the World Cup came to the USA and introduced a whole bunch of people to world-class soccer who before then had no clue or didn't care.  Up to that point, the US always wore pretty simple and sharp uniforms like this, by Adidas.

However, for the 94 World Cup, Adidas decided to change the uni's to something that was 'distinctively American,' and they came up with this, which wasn't even the worst uni they had.  I remember a red striped uniform with 'denim' colored shorts that was just atrocious, but I couldn't find a pic to link to.

845621[/snapback]

I rented a very good film a few weeks ago called, "The Miracle Match". It was about the US National Team in the 1950s and their World Cup appearance down in Brazil. The uniforms we had back then were actually very sharp and classy. I agree that the '94 US unis were kinda goofy looking, though at least we did well for ourselves wearing them. Better than this last one, that's for sure!

It's pretty obvious that whoever put that list together doesn't like hockey. There are way too many NHL jerseys in there. Yes, most of those ones do suck, but not enough to be on any list like that.

The Coyotes jerseys don't belong at all. Those are really good jerseys. They moved away from the crappy old ones and went simple. Jerseys with only two colors always look better to me.

Not to mention the Pirates. Do you believe that the actually wore this hat for almost a decade?!

Honorable mention to the White Sox.

845542[/snapback]

Don't forget the idiot White Sox wore shorts on occasion in '76. Baseball players wearing socks pulled up to their knees like soccer players and basketball shorts look REALLY ridiculous.

Hell no.

The Yanks jerseys are the coolest in baseball for the fact that they haven't changed in oh, a century.

845531[/snapback]

The Yankees were actually all set to drastically change their road uniforms in the 1970s. The new road uniforms would have been a reverse of the home uniforms -- solid midnight blue jersey and pants with white pinstripes.

The prototypes were made and ready to go but the whole thing was scrapped because one of the players saw them and freaked out. He called them pajamas and management was so embarassed they just dropped the whole thing.

All jerseys should be as classy as this.

The Yankees were actually all set to drastically change their road uniforms in the 1970s.  The new road uniforms would have been a reverse of the home uniforms -- solid midnight blue jersey and pants with white pinstripes. 

The prototypes were made and ready to go but the whole thing was scrapped because one of the players saw them and freaked out.  He called them pajamas and management was so embarassed they just dropped the whole thing.

All jerseys should be as classy as this.

845753[/snapback]

Timeless classic

LMAO...

<stewardess>

Please file to the back of the bandwagon to make room for other occupants...

</stewardess>

846024[/snapback]

I caught the Detroit wagon in '84 when I was 6-years old (because of my grandfather, the rest of my family is Yanks fans) and stayed on through some long, bumpy rides. There were about 15 years where it was a very lonely ride (especially with the NYY's success, my bros were ruthless) so I am welcoming all onto the bandwagon at this point.