LMAO at Giants board

River's looks good because defenses are scared to death of Tomlinson.  It's amazing how much better your WR corp is when you have a ProBowl TE and the CB's constantly have to peek into the backfield for run support.

844667[/snapback]

Tiki is no slouch, 2nd in the NFL in rushing (He's not a fluke either look at the last few years), & Shockey is a Probowl TE

Manning has the pressure of being compared to the person who will turn out to statisically be the best QB ever....Peyton

I was very unimprseed with the Giants yesterday....I know that they have alot of injured players, but with their talent now....they're done for....Plaxico is god awful and has 0 heart....When I see him play all I think about is when he spiked the ball after a large reception in his rookie year...LOL...it was afumble...dumb ass

Eli was very unimpressive...he is 32nd in the league in third down conversions - that surpirsed me..His mechanics sucked, made poor decisions, and poor throws...

Eli is just going through a tough phase here where he's lost some confidence. Chicago and Jax can bring it. Eli will be fine. He's still a good young QB. Before Houston, JP just came off 4 awful games and one "incomplete" at Indy (due to lack of action). I'd like to see him run off a few consistent weeks in a row before i can start thinking of him as the future of this franchise.

I do think, however, that Rivers has a much stronger supporting cast than E Manning does. This is not in support of Eli, I thought he looked really bad last night with his (in)accuracy.

844627[/snapback]

You can take that to the bank. Better OL, LT and Gates. So, ya, a better surrounding cast.

You can take that to the bank. Better OL, LT and Gates. So, ya, a better surrounding cast.

844737[/snapback]

Ehh, Barber gets you 2grand of total yards every year and has over 10 grand rushing and 5 grand receiving for his career. Shockey isnt Gates, but hes hardly a slouch, and Burress and Toomer are probably better than any wideouts the Chargers can throw out there. I wasnt trying to bomb Eli or anybody else, I was merely saying all young QB's go through times when they aren't great,or even good for that matter. I do think JP will be a real good player, like Manning can be.

Maybe things arent as far off as they seem, and in regard to RIvers having better talent around him, yes and no, Eli still has a RB who gets over 2 grand in total offense a year and a very good TE, and solid wideouts.

844645[/snapback]

And besides Evans JP has none of the above plus poor blocking!

You can gloat when JP does what Eli did and takes the Bills to the playoffs.

And you can continue with that nonsensical comparison when the Bills have an OLine, a WR corps, a TE, a RB, a defense and a coaching staff that is anywhere near as good as the Giants'.

And you can continue with that nonsensical comparison when the Bills have an OLine, a WR corps, a TE, a RB, a defense and a coaching staff that is anywhere near as good as the Giants'.

844768[/snapback]

From someone who saw a lot of Giants' games last year, I was amazed at the praise heaped on Eli in '05. To these old eyes, Losman was a better QB last year, with primary difference being Plexiglass worked to bail his QB out, while our star WR did not.

Oh yeah, there was also a TE in the Giants offense, I think.

From someone who saw a lot of Giants' games last year, I was amazed at the praise heaped on Eli in '05.  To these old eyes, Losman was a better QB last year, with primary difference being Plexiglass worked to bail his QB out, while our star WR did not.   

Oh yeah, there was also a TE in the Giants offense, I think.

844779[/snapback]

I think he's going to be good. But right now he's just a well-supported cog.

I've been kind of impressed with what Losman has been able to do when he's given any time and space to work with. Very solid progress even though he's anchored in what I consider to be a very, very poorly coached offense.

Cya

isn't it hilarious to think how much love guys like Eli get when in reality he's not far better, or better at all than JP

Just because some JP fans started a dozen or so threads that read: "Look how bad Eli was his first x games and look how great he is now" - doesn't make him a good QB.

The theory that Eli isn't a good or accurate QB has been accepted by a lot of people for a while.

The funniest thing i read on their board was a first hand account of an Eli / Shockey moment on the sidelines by a guy that was at the game.

Apparently after one of his INT's, Eli was standing alone...looking forlorn & lost, and shockey angrily came over, muttered something to Eli and started juggling his balls in an obvious attempt to say "Grow some boy"! that's hilarious. I bet Shockey can be a real dick of a teammate when things aren't going well.

Just went on the Giants message board and it's hilarious to see all of them saying pretty much the same things alot of people say here about JP. He's inaccurate, stares down Plax(Like JP Stares at Lee),overrated coming out of college, should have kept Rivers hahhaa, isn't it hilarious to think how much love guys like Eli get when in reality he's not far better, or better at all than JP, and think of how much more talent Eli has around him. They even got into on the board about how their GM came away just as impressed with Rivers and Losman and still traded away alot for Manning. And I know Eli's OL is banged up but the Giants OL right now is probably as good or better than ours. JP IS THE FUTURE, LET'S GOOOOOOOO

844599[/snapback]

Are you kidding????? Eli is a much better QB. JP had one good game.

Just went on the Giants message board and it's hilarious to see all of them saying pretty much the same things alot of people say here about JP. He's inaccurate, stares down Plax(Like JP Stares at Lee),overrated coming out of college, should have kept Rivers hahhaa, isn't it hilarious to think how much love guys like Eli get when in reality he's not far better, or better at all than JP, and think of how much more talent Eli has around him. They even got into on the board about how their GM came away just as impressed with Rivers and Losman and still traded away alot for Manning. And I know Eli's OL is banged up but the Giants OL right now is probably as good or better than ours. JP IS THE FUTURE, LET'S GOOOOOOOO

844599[/snapback]

Are you kidding????? Eli is a much better QB. JP had one good game.

Apparently after one of his INT's, Eli was standing alone...looking forlorn & lost, and shockey angrily came over, muttered something to Eli and started juggling his balls in an obvious attempt to say "Grow some boy"! that's hilarious. I bet Shockey can be a real dick of a teammate when things aren't going well.

Why do I picture the scene in major league 2, when the whole team was waving bags of marbles at Cerrano?

River's looks good because defenses are scared to death of Tomlinson.  It's amazing how much better your WR corp is when you have a ProBowl TE and the CB's constantly have to peek into the backfield for run support.

844667[/snapback]

Phillip Rivers looks good because Phillip Rivers is good. I know people say "Well you can't compare college to the pros" but Rivers is amazingly accuracte and poised one of the most efficent college qb's of all time. I believe he's the most accurate qb in NCAA history. 4 years as a starter for the Wolfpac with 4 bowl apperances and 3 victorires including 02 Gator Bowl over ND.

Yeah he has a bit of an unorthodox release but his arm is stronger then people give him credit for and he gets the ball out quickly. Yeah he was blessed to land with a team with one of the greatest rb's of this or any other era, but I won't knock his talents. Sd also has a rookie lt who came in and is playing like an all pro in Marcus Mcneil. Their rt Shane Olivea is a 7th rd pick. Guard Kris Dielman an udfa Defensive tackle who was moved to guard. Guard Mike Goff Acquired as a URFA from the bengals a 3rd rd draft pick in 1998. Center Nick Hardwick a 3rd rd choice in 2004. All World te Antoinio Gates an udfa. The Chargers probably have one of the worst all around wr cores in the league. Rivers is more then just some guy, and what he's doing in his first year starting regardless of tomlinson is pretty damn impressive. Rivers will be an all pro qb for years to come, and imo the best all around qb drafted in the last 5 years.

As For Eli and Losman. I was never impressed with Manning or Losman for that matter. I think they both have a case of happy feet, both have a bad habit of forcing passes and staring down receivers. One good game by Losman isn't gonna change my opinion of him. Have another good 2-3 games and I'll sway my opinion that he just won't cut it. Eli wouldn't be nearly as hyped if it wasn't for his name. He wasn't as good as Peyton in college and hes more of a risk/reward guy. Not terribly accurate, and indecisive in his throws. Has a bad habit of throwing off his back foot too often. That Chargers/Giants trade is going to go down as one of the worst trades in nfl history next to the hershel walker deal. Rivers/Merriman/Keading/Oben for Eli Manning ;)