LMAO at Giants board

Just went on the Giants message board and it's hilarious to see all of them saying pretty much the same things alot of people say here about JP. He's inaccurate, stares down Plax(Like JP Stares at Lee),overrated coming out of college, should have kept Rivers hahhaa, isn't it hilarious to think how much love guys like Eli get when in reality he's not far better, or better at all than JP, and think of how much more talent Eli has around him. They even got into on the board about how their GM came away just as impressed with Rivers and Losman and still traded away alot for Manning. And I know Eli's OL is banged up but the Giants OL right now is probably as good or better than ours. JP IS THE FUTURE, LET'S GOOOOOOOO

Just went on the Giants message board and it's hilarious to see all of them saying pretty much the same things alot of people say here about JP. He's inaccurate, stares down Plax(Like JP Stares at Lee),overrated coming out of college, should have kept Rivers hahhaa, isn't it hilarious to think how much love guys like Eli get when in reality he's not far better, or better at all than JP, and think of how much more talent Eli has around him. They even got into on the board about how their GM came away just as impressed with Rivers and Losman and still traded away alot for Manning. And I know Eli's OL is banged up but the Giants OL right now is probably as good or better than ours. JP IS THE FUTURE, LET'S GOOOOOOOO

844599[/snapback]

I was saying this about Eli before he came out. He's no Peyton. I've seen him play here at Vanderbilt. The Vandy D used to make him look downright pedestrian. I thought the Bills should have done everything in their power to get Rivers. Before the combine, everyone thought Rivers was a second round pick. I was hoping the Bills would "reach" and take him in the first.

I was saying this about Eli before he came out.  He's no Peyton.  I've seen him play here at Vanderbilt.  The Vandy D used to make him look downright pedestrian.  I thought the Bills should have done everything in their power to get Rivers.  Before the combine, everyone thought Rivers was a second round pick.  I was hoping the Bills would "reach" and take him in the first.

844621[/snapback]

I do think, however, that Rivers has a much stronger supporting cast than E Manning does. This is not in support of Eli, I thought he looked really bad last night with his (in)accuracy.

Good enough to get to the playoffs?  Ummm yeah.  That's kind of what I want.

844625[/snapback]

Yeah, I thought making the playoffs was the first step...

Apparently some people feel if you don't go 16-0 and win the Superbowl, then you're better off going 0-16...? :rolleyes:;)<_<

So Eli got them to the playoffs ONCE, big deal. Danny Kanell got a team to the playoffs once too, let's all pray JP can be Dan Kanell. Get with the phrase "What have you done for me lately?"

Did you notice that the Giants are currently in first place in their division...? If they keep that up, that's playoffs for two of the first three years he's been in the league. And I don't think he started in his rookie year, did he? (I'm not sure).

Im not trying to say JP is the next Peyton Manning and Eli is total trash, I just thought it was funny that Giants fans say the exact same things about him as we do about JP, and we all look at Eli as a guy who has "it" and JP doesn't. Maybe things arent as far off as they seem, and in regard to RIvers having better talent around him, yes and no, Eli still has a RB who gets over 2 grand in total offense a year and a very good TE, and solid wideouts.

Yeah, I thought making the playoffs was the first step...

Apparently some people feel if you don't go 16-0 and win the Superbowl, then you're better off going 0-16...?  :rolleyes:  ;)  <_<

844632[/snapback]

Wonder how he felt about Kelly?

"Yeah that's what I want. Get me to the Super Bowl and LOSE. Pfffffffffttttttt!"

Once in one full season as a starter isn't bad.

844651[/snapback]

Is that you Eli? And stop with the " Get me to the superbowl and lose, pffffft", take Eli's balls out of your mouth. All I was merely trying to say before you started crying was just because Eli got them to the playoffs once he's perceived as the next great Manning when in fact Giants fans dont even see it that way

So Eli got them to the playoffs ONCE, big deal. Danny Kanell got a team to the playoffs once too, let's all pray JP can be Dan Kanell. Get with the phrase "What have you done for me lately?"

844631[/snapback]

Here's the thing: You actually managed, somehow, to start an interesting topic, about the "Grass is always greener Syndrome" and how people always more heavily scrutinize their own young players than they do other team's young players. Then you go and muck it up and lessen your credibility with comments like this.

:rolleyes: