Have you noticed anything since election day?

blzrul

Gas prices have crept up $.17 since election day. Is this a seasonal trend? Usually home heating costs go up obviously but summer is usually the big increase.

What is everyone else seeing in your part of the country?

PS: While I'm at it, I jsut got my gas and electric bill. Despite using less than a year ago, my bill is double what it was. OUCH! And my heat is set at 60-65 degrees. Criminy.

Gas prices have crept up $.17 since election day. Is this a seasonal trend?  Usually home heating costs go up obviously but summer is usually the big increase. 

PS:  While I'm at it, I jsut got my gas and electric bill.  Despite using less than a year ago, my bill is double what it was.  OUCH!  And my heat is set at 60-65 degrees.  Criminy.

844474[/snapback]

It must those nasty Rebulicans and Bush again!

Gas prices have crept up $.17 since election day. Is this a seasonal trend?  Usually home heating costs go up obviously but summer is usually the big increase. 

PS:  While I'm at it, I jsut got my gas and electric bill.  Despite using less than a year ago, my bill is double what it was.  OUCH!  And my heat is set at 60-65 degrees.  Criminy.

844474[/snapback]

The day before the election it was at a 10 month low, now its rising again. Wouldn't be at all surprised if Bush called his Saudi buddies and asked for a little emergency pumping!

Remember how enron gouged the market in California?

You live in Florida though right?  Let's compare August statements!  ;)

845062[/snapback]

Nope, the SF Bay area. Just me. Keep the thermostat low and it goes on about every two days. Have the main lights on a timer. Although last month had a $6 rebate for when they jacked up the rates when we had a >110 heat wave in July. That month my bill wsa about $55. Only gas I use is for hot water. Everything else is electric. Also switched all the incadescent bulbs in lamps to the screw in fluorescent ones. They last several years.

Are Don Ameche and Ralph Bellamy still alive?

844938[/snapback]

Randolph and Mortimer Duke are busy right now betting on the sinking of one comic's career (Dave Chappelle) and the meteoric rise of another's (Dane Cook)

They'll get on this in about a year or so.