• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree wholeheartedly,

Nancy Grace

845470[/snapback]

Um, don't get me started. :lol:

It's bad enough that the Molson guy compares OJ to Bush, but Jerry Falwell???

Since when has Falwell killed anyone? Or sexually assaulted anyone??

Sidney Blumenthal said much the same thing I did:

The O.J. Simpson project was intended to debase everyone involved, but particularly "the American people," held in utter contempt as hungry consumers of tabloid trash, whose imbibing of the Murdoch product would enable their superior loathing and resentment of the black man who gets away with murder and is paid handsomely to boot. In a sense, "If I Did It" was a glossy Willie Horton ad. In Murdoch's vision, the American people are a mass of Michael Richardses, easily prompted by obvious triggers. As Murdoch takes the money and runs, the joke's on them. At least that's the business plan.

http://www.salon.com/opinion/blumenthal/20...och/index1.html

Sidney Blumenthal said much the same thing I did:

The O.J. Simpson project was intended to debase everyone involved, but particularly "the American people," held in utter contempt as hungry consumers of tabloid trash, whose imbibing of the Murdoch product would enable their superior loathing and resentment of the black man who gets away with murder and is paid handsomely to boot. In a sense, "If I Did It" was a glossy Willie Horton ad. In Murdoch's vision, the American people are a mass of Michael Richardses, easily prompted by obvious triggers. As Murdoch takes the money and runs, the joke's on them. At least that's the business plan.

http://www.salon.com/opinion/blumenthal/20...och/index1.html

849949[/snapback]

Which does nothing more than make him an idiot too.

Or you

850231[/snapback]

Nice try. And therein lies the difference between you and I. You see, you immediately attempted to turn this into some kind of partisan ramble. It is no such thing. There would be just as many of your lemmings as their would be lemmings from the other side. That's what your party counts on and that's what they get. Year after year.

It's the ignorance they prey on and you and your kind buy into it in much the same way a salmon instinctively swims against the current to reach the spawning ground.

Salon.com. Laughable.

Nice try.  And therein lies the difference between you and I.  You see, you immediately attempted to turn this into some kind of partisan ramble.  It is no such thing.  There would be just as many of your lemmings as their would be lemmings from the other side.  That's what your party counts on and that's what they get.  Year after year.

It's the ignorance they prey on and you and your kind buy into it in much the same way a salmon instinctively swims against the current to reach the spawning ground.

Salon.com.  Laughable.

850390[/snapback]

Salon is a good website. Partisan yes, but still very good.

:censored: 

Fox News had nothing to do with this disaster.  Fox News is separate from the Fox Network.  The OJ thing was going to run on the Fox Network, the channel with the Simpsons and Family Guy and (previously) Joe Millionaire.  It doesn't exactly cater to a "red state audience."

:thumbsup:  :wallbash:  :worthy:

He's a sociopath.  No doubt.

844212[/snapback]

It was funny, Olberman showed a clip of O'Riley, becfore the cancellation of the special, saying that the criticism of FOX NEWS for the OJ Simpson "coup" was professional jealousy, after it was cancelled, O'Riley goes out of his way to say that FOX entertainment and FOX News are seperate! FOX NEWS wants it both ways...they want to whine about the "liberal media", but they can't seem to get it through their dumb heads that they are part of the media, and from their own "bloviating", the most popular source for "news"!

It was funny, Olberman showed a clip of O'Riley, becfore the cancellation of the special, saying that the criticism of FOX NEWS for the OJ Simpson "coup" was professional jealousy, after it was cancelled, O'Riley goes out of his way to say that FOX entertainment and FOX News are seperate!  FOX NEWS wants it both ways...they want to whine about the "liberal media", but they can't seem to get it through their dumb heads that they are part of the media, and from their own "bloviating", the most popular source for "news"!

851120[/snapback]

You mean a media outlet is full of crap? I had no idea.

It was funny, Olberman showed a clip of O'Riley, becfore the cancellation of the special, saying that the criticism of FOX NEWS for the OJ Simpson "coup" was professional jealousy, after it was cancelled, O'Riley goes out of his way to say that FOX entertainment and FOX News are seperate!  FOX NEWS wants it both ways...they want to whine about the "liberal media", but they can't seem to get it through their dumb heads that they are part of the media, and from their own "bloviating", the most popular source for "news"!

851120[/snapback]

Not once during this whole thing did I see O'Reilly ever say anything positive about the OJ thing, but it wouldn't surprise me if Olbermann found one sentence to take out of context to demonstrate that. That's pretty much his policy regarding every "special comment."

That's like official Countdown policy. Same reason Dana Millbank is on the show every night for some reason.

You mean a media outlet is full of crap?  I had no idea.

851132[/snapback]

Obviously you haven't been watching or else you'd know how important these guys are. O'Reilly wants you to wear "Factor Gear" to the mall and Olbermann needs to zoom the camera in close to his face at least once a week to deliver a 5-minute "special comment" to his followers. Friggin' Moses made less of a big deal about what he had to say when he came down with the Ten Commandments than Olbermann does every time he comes up with 5-10 melodramatic minutes of crazy talk.

Not once during this whole thing did I see O'Reilly ever say anything positive about the OJ thing, but it wouldn't surprise me if Olbermann found one sentence to take out of context to demonstrate that.  That's pretty much his policy regarding every "special comment."

That's like official Countdown policy.  Same reason Dana Millbank is on the show every night for some reason.

Obviously you haven't been watching or else you'd know how important these guys are.  O'Reilly wants you to wear "Factor Gear" to the mall and Olbermann needs to zoom the camera in close to his face at least once a week to deliver a 5-minute "special comment" to his followers.  Friggin' Moses made less of a big deal about what he had to say when he came down with the Ten Commandments than Olbermann does every time he comes up with 5-10 melodramatic minutes of crazy talk.

851232[/snapback]

LOL, go figure! You a fan of the 'No Spin Zone?" ROTFLMAO!! Happy Holidays to you!

Don't diss the Alien Autopsy.  I bet more people will admit to watching that than O'Reilly

851274[/snapback]

Yeah, and the only other difference between the two is to watch Alien Autopsy you needed a barf bag, to Watch the O'Reilly Factor you need a drool bucket.

LOL, go figure! You a fan of the 'No Spin Zone?"

851237[/snapback]

No, I'm not a fan of O'Reilly (I'm not even sure how you drew that conclusion) or Olbermann. I tend to check in on either one of them when I'm watching something else from 8-9pm and it goes to commercial. I probably see 5-10 minutes of each show a couple times a week.

I check out Olbermann for the same reason I occasionally check out prisonplanet.com. Because it's funny.

Yeah, and the only other difference between the two is to watch Alien Autopsy you needed a barf bag, to Watch the O'Reilly Factor you need a drool bucket.

851278[/snapback]

You drool over O'Reilly? :bag:

I know you're new here but most of us tend to drool over Lana (over on the Off the Wall part of the board).

No, I'm not a fan of O'Reilly (I'm not even sure how you drew that conclusion) or Olbermann.  I tend to check in on either one of them when I'm watching something else from 8-9pm and it goes to commercial.  I probably see 5-10 minutes of each show a couple times a week. 

I check out Olbermann for the same reason I occasionally check out prisonplanet.com.  Because it's funny.

851604[/snapback]

Jeez, how on earth would anyone get the idea you were an O'Riley guy?

For someone who so proudly only "checks in" on O'Riley and Olberman to see what the stupid masses are eating for dinner, you sure as sh-- have a definite idea about everything they say. Just sayin...