Kramer goes nuts live

meazza

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely you can appreciate the unique power of the N word.  There is a lot of history and hatred contained in that word.  I don't think there is another word that comes close in terms of explosiveness.

I think that's why Richards used it.  Obviously, he was pissed off and he made the terrible mistake of letting all of his rage out at once in the most shocking way he knew how.  I think what he did was just plain stupid.  Stupid and wrong.  He knows it too.  I think he surprised himself by how much rage he had.  I don't think he's a racist, but he did use racism to vent his anger.  That's a dangerous thing.  It's not comparable to Don Rickles and it's not comparable to Lenny Bruce.  It's much worse.

Having said that, I think people should accept his apology.

844568[/snapback]

I agree with everything in this post except this last part. Did he seem contrite and sincere? Yeah, he did. He also just realized he just committed career suicide and was trying to save his @ss.

It's like like Haynesworth stomping Gourde's head (I know it wasn't physical violence but that word is very hurtful to a lot of people). He said he was sorry and seemed sincere, but he still stomped a defenseless man's head. Kramer is not a racist, yet he sounds like David Duke on a coke binge. :rolleyes:

Again heckler was wrong but Kramer took things to another level. And it sucks because he was my favorite Seinfeld character.

I agree with everything in this post except this last part.  Did he seem contrite and sincere?  Yeah, he did.  He also just realized he just committed career suicide and was trying to save his @ss. 

It's like like Haynesworth stomping Gourde's head (I know it wasn't physical violence but that word is very hurtful to a lot of people).  He said he was sorry and seemed sincere, but he still stomped a defenseless man's head.  Kramer is not a racist, yet he sounds like David Duke on a coke binge.  :rolleyes: 

Again heckler was wrong but Kramer took things to another level.  And it sucks because he was my favorite Seinfeld character.

844605[/snapback]

And he still should be. It's a TV show. Can you seriously say that any TV character doesn't have some sort of imperfection. I'm sure down the line we will hear of other celebrities who have committed "unacceptable" acts. Take it with a grain of salt, and realize that he's still a character on TV who could make you laugh at the drop of a hat.

Again heckler was wrong but Kramer took things to another level.  And it sucks because he was my favorite Seinfeld character.

844605[/snapback]

Sorry to hear that. Maybe you can find solace in the fact that knowing I should be safe, unless Jerry Stiller goes on a racist rant within the next few weeks.

The right thing he should have done was to tell then if they do not stop interrupting then the show is over. If they did it again....tell everyone the show is over thanks to the hecklers.....put the mic down and walk away...the hecklers would be caught between a rock and a hard place......what he did was wrong

The right thing he should have done was to tell then if they do not stop interrupting then the show is over.  If they did it again....tell everyone the show is over thanks to the hecklers.....put the mic down and walk away...the hecklers would be caught between a rock and a hard place......what he did was wrong

844888[/snapback]

The problem is that he isn't a stand up comedian. He's an actor doing stand up therefore had no idea how to handle the heckling. I think what he did was wrong but I also think what the hecklers did was just as wrong. So what if the words they used in a racial manner weren't as derogatory as the one he used? The fact remains that they both used racial slurs towards the other and he went overboard. We live in a world that's too sensitive today in my opinion.

There is not one Seinfeld episode where violence solved anything.

844952[/snapback]

There's the one where all the little kids from Kramer's karate class beat him up.

And the one where Kramer gets beat up by Raquel Welch.

Beating up Kramer seems to be a solution for a lot of people. ;)

(You know he has to be going crazy because people have never stopped calling him Kramer and no one ever bothered to learn his real name.)

There's the one where all the little kids from Kramer's karate class beat him up.

Beating up Kramer seems to be a solution for a lot of people.  ;)

(You know he has to be going crazy because people have never stopped calling him Kramer and no one ever bothered to learn his real name.)

844957[/snapback]

Good points.

I think we can blame society for his indiscretions.

And Raquel.

Beating up Kramer seems to be a solution for a lot of people.  ;)

844957[/snapback]

His real name is known but he will live the hearts of people as Kramer since I can't really remember any other TV show or movie where he had such an impact.

Nice avatar btw :lol:

He got called a !@#$ 15 times before that.  He was told he would have been lynched if it was 50 years ago.  Come on.  There's only so much you can take.  Kramer should have got his @ss kicked.

844593[/snapback]

But if the comedian was black, no one would have given 2 ***** if he called the guy a !@#$.

Finally found the time to watch this thing. No way in hell is that acceptable. If a heckler is getting under your skin, you attack the heckler as a person, you don't attack his race. It's not like he just busted out that word once. He used it multiple times, and brought up lynching. Way over the top. I don't see how people can defend that, I really don't.

Finally found the time to watch this thing.  No way in hell is that acceptable.  If a heckler is getting under your skin, you attack the heckler as a person, you don't attack his race.  It's not like he just busted out that word once.  He used it multiple times, and brought up lynching.  Way over the top.  I don't see how people can defend that, I really don't.

845106[/snapback]

So you enjoyed the show?

Finally found the time to watch this thing.  No way in hell is that acceptable.  If a heckler is getting under your skin, you attack the heckler as a person, you don't attack his race.  It's not like he just busted out that word once.  He used it multiple times, and brought up lynching.  Way over the top.  I don't see how people can defend that, I really don't.

845106[/snapback]

I dont think anyone is defending it. I dont think anyone on this forum feels that he handled the situation properly. The only disagreement I see on here is whether this classifies him as a racist. And ya know...I really dont care. Racist or not, his words were hurtful and wrong. We dont need to label him, it serves no good.

As a little aside, a good black friend of mine once told me that the reason the 'N' word is such a powerful word is because when used, it immediatly puts the person in receipt of the comment in a helpless position of inferiority. There is nothing they can say or do to dispute the connotations that word holds. They are helpess. And my friend also told me that there is a word being used against white people today that holds does the exact same thing...and that word is 'Racist'. Think how you would feel if someone called you a racist. What can you say? What can you do? How do you prove you are not? Think about how small you would feel, even though you know its not true. It is a very interesting comparison IMO. Something to think about.