Kramer goes nuts live

meazza

Well, I for one would not want to be in the audience when a codmidian pulled out a gone and shoot me! Call me a country he might, but I wouldn't be crushed if he called me a moran. But then again, of course I'm neither. Or, then again maybe that's of coarse, I'm neither.  :P

844154[/snapback]

You got me. I didn't catch that until a minute later.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for the insult but you had no point in what you were saying.

844160[/snapback]

I think the point was made clear. Under NO circumstance should you call someone a !@#$ or a white boy cracker. I don't care if your getting hecklers, their are ways of dealing with idiots other than making a fool out of yourself by calling someone a !@#$ and anyone who doesn't agree with that is a racist. What is so hard about that?

I think the point was made clear. Under NO circumstance should you call someone a !@#$ or a white boy cracker. I don't care if your getting hecklers, their are ways of dealing with idiots other than making a fool out of yourself by calling someone a !@#$ and anyone who doesn't agree with that is a racist. What is so hard about that?

844164[/snapback]

That like Chef Jim said, it's a double standard since I've seen many black comedians make racist remarks about whites and get away with it.

That like Chef Jim said, it's a double standard since I've seen many black comedians make racist remarks about whites and get away with it.

844166[/snapback]

I totally agree and that's why I included "White boy cracker" in my post. I said if you read all my post the guy in the audience made racist comments also.

What a brilliant quote. If the comedian wants to pull out a gun and shoot someone   :D  than he should be allowed to if he was heckling. You don't call someone a niger because your being heckled but I'm sure most comedians would agree with you! Who has a feeble mind moran?  :P

844145[/snapback]

Who is the feeble minded moron? I'd say it's the person who can't distinguish between words and guns. :D:P:P

It was ugly, and yes, it was racist.

But it's still a free country.  You can say those things and not get arrested...and I would bet that many people in this country still feel that way, but would never express their thoughts. 

Michael Richards exploded, and it was incredibly stupid on his part, because a) with his past role, he is a celebrity and b) stand-up comedians get heckled all the time and some of it ain't pretty.

I'm not a Seinfeld fan, but I'm gonna have a helluva time watching "UHF" after this.  :D

844126[/snapback]

I agree with you to a point. Obviously, freedom of speech is one of the things that makes this country great. But there is a line that most decent people understand. I guess it's his right but what if that dude rushes the stage and beats the hell of him (which alot of people in a similar situation would do)? Well, he's just a "thug," who probably listens to rap music, and will be arrested. You can speak you mind but no one better touch you. :P

And the fact that people can defend this makes me ill. Comedians get heckled at the time. I'm sure white people who have heckled him. It's a part of the job. At the same point, Richards has every right to talk back to them. But to single someone just because of their race is just sad.

As a white person, no one can ever understand what it means to be called a n***er. It's impossible. To just be insult because of your skin color. It's pathetic. There are few words in the English language that have such harsh roots. Yes, the guy called him a cracker after being called a n***er 15 times. That is wrong. But keep things in perspective.

And I'm sure Kramer (who owes two Jewish guys his whole career) will apolgize and say he is not a racist. Whatever. You don't say the things he did without some anger inside. Yes, the race issue seems like it gets played too much. But when I see things like this and read a thread about Dunta Robinson with racial tones, it just makes me kinda of sick. I'll get off my high horse now. :D

Point taken. 

But honestly did you experience anything like this?  Kramer went nuts and it was just hateful.  I'm asking because I don't know.  Because if you did, it was wrong.

844108[/snapback]

No, what we experienced went on for at least an hour. It was uncomfortable and not funny. But we sat there (not wanting to get up because we'd be heckled) and took it. Didn't feel the need to call him a cracker either. I just made sure I never spent money in his show again. You know, the old voting with my wallet.

BTW, we have no idea what the person said that pissed Michael off.

No, what we experienced went on for at least an hour.  It was unconfortable and not funny.  But we sat there (not wanting to get up because we'd be heckled) and took it.  Didn't feel the need to call him a cracker either.  I just made sure I never spent money in his show again.  You know, the old voting with my wallet. 

BYW, we have not idea what the person said that pissed Michael off.

844228[/snapback]

He probably told him that his making your own pizza idea was not going to work.

No, what we experienced went on for at least an hour.  It was unconfortable and not funny.  But we sat there (not wanting to get up because we'd be heckled) and took it.  Didn't feel the need to call him a cracker either.  I just made sure I never spent money in his show again.  You know, the old voting with my wallet. 

BYW, we have not idea what the person said that pissed Michael off.

844228[/snapback]

That sucks and sorry that happened. But did he say he could have lynched you 50 years ago (you know what happened to black people 50 years ago)?

And you're right that we aren't sure what the guy said that set he off. From my understanding, he was just talking while the act was going on.

So if you want to defend Richards for this stupidity, that's fine. But I hope you are willing to give this whole innocent til proven guilty to all members of society. :P

That sucks and sorry that happened.

Don't be sorry, I'm tough. I can take it.

And you're right that we aren't sure what the guy said that set he off.  From my understanding, he was just talking while the act was going on. 

I get pissed when people talk while I'm trying to work too. Not quite that pissed but pissed none the less.

But I hope you are willing to give this whole innocent til proven guilty to all members of society. 

Just to the white people. :P

And his apology.

http://us.video.aol.com/video.index.adp?mo...&pmmsid=1773282

Don't know why he mentioned Katrina.

Still a legend.

844268[/snapback]

Here is an article about it too

Apology

He did what he could do in terms of damage control. I do wonder about the report that says he agreed to perform again the following night with the promise that he would apologize, but then he didn't do it....seems strange.

Pretty much the most fame any of the cast (minus Jerry) has gotten since the season finale...