What Needs More Help, Offense or Defense?

If JP's game against Houston proves to be his breakout game, I think you put the priority on upgrading positions this way:

1.) DL - No one is safe except for Schobel. Huge numbers on the ground have been given up and they haven't looked pretty.

2.) OL - RG is one of the biggest holes on the team. I'd like to see both guard positions upgraded. I think Peters and Pennington both are playing pretty decently.

3.) TE - JP showed that with some time, he can do a good job of checking down on his reads and throwing the ball. I'd love to give him a nice, big receiving threat over the middle - A-train isn't cutting it.

4.) WR - A #2 WR would be great, someone who is a big, tall guy who JP can feel comfortable throwing the ball up for a jump-ball with.

5.) FB - We need a FB who isn't almost worthless. A big time run blocker, Sam Gash type, would really help out the O-line.

6.) Depth. A young QB, perhaps drafted in a lower-round, would be a nice backup for JP. A replacement for Spikes is needed. A backup plan at safety would be nice too.

RG- Seeing as we're probably going to be drafting pretty high I dont advise a draft Here. I'd also like to see more of Duke Preston before I say this an absolute must.

RT- Same thing with Pennington.

LG- This is gandys contract year. I dont really see him coming back, depending on his play down the stretch.

TE- We get zilch from this spot.

DE- I like the way Hargrove has played, but really would like a legit pass rusher opposite schobel. There's some good ones in the draft.

DT- This is our weakest position defensively and most in need of an upgrade. I like McCargos potential. I'm not asking for the next Ted Washington, but a pat williams type who btw plays in a cover 2 in minn would be great.

CB- Priority #1 RE-SIGN NATE CLEMENTS. For 3 weeks in a row now he has really lived up to the billing as the playmaker. Vs GB Tipped pass in the endzone leading to a ko simpson interception. @ Indy Forced fumble/fumble recovery. @ Hou Int, Fumble Recovery, and batted down pass on 3rd and 2 leading to a texans punt with a little over a minute left.

Wish list- offseason 2007...

TE Daniel Graham, New England

OG Eric Steinbach, Cincinnati

LB Lance Briggs, Chicago

1st round- DT Alan Branch, U. of Michigan

2nd round- OG Josh Beekman, Boston College

3rd round- FB Brian Leonard, Rutgers

Not too much to ask, IMO. The Bills, with this sort of player influx, would dramatically improve and become an instant contender, IMO!

843732[/snapback]

Brian Leonard isn't a true fullback, and he has no experience lead blocking. The only way he gets drafted IMO is on the 2nd day, as a HB. If nobody thinks he has enough speed to play HB, he'll make the move to FB but will probably be an undrafted free agent. Either way, I see no reason to draft him as high as the 3rd round when we have needs at OT and WR that your wish list doesn't address.