What Needs More Help, Offense or Defense?

Offense.

We already drafted defense heavy last year. Let those young guys learn from there mistakes this year. Simpson and Whitner are going to be good. Ellison is a nice LB as well. Not to mention the young guy from the Rams, Hargrove that we got has a nice motor on him. I like love his energy.

The offense needs some lineman depth, a stud TE, and a big WR to play opposite of Evans. I see Marv going offense this year.

the announcer during the texans game said it all.

"they just dont get anything from the Tight Ends".

I dont see any major tallent at TE comming out in the draft this year, so if there is a good FA TE i think we should jump on it.

in order:

Re-Sign clements

FA TE if avalible or draft if someone good shows up

FA O-Line

FA O-Line

FA O-Line

the announcer during the texans game said it all.

"they just dont get anything from the Tight Ends".

I dont see any major tallent at TE comming out in the draft this year, so if there is a good FA TE i think we should jump on it.

in order:

Re-Sign clements

FA TE if avalible or draft if someone good shows up

FA O-Line

FA O-Line

FA O-Line

843405[/snapback]

We drafted a few o-lineman last year and signed more in freeagency, isn't it time to let them work together? But the d-line sucks. Sure McCargo will come back, but Kelsay is a zero! Spikes needs replaced too, he can go work at Taco Bell or something :lol:0:):(

Spikes is only in his first season back after a serious injury that could end careers, most player aren't back to 100% after missing an enitre season due to that injury. Give him 1 more year before ou say he's done.

You defintly focus heavily on the offence this year with a couple moves on the defence to replace players that do leave, or were found inadequate this year.

Maybe some of you could hire Spikes to microwave your hot pockets for those of you that think he should be playing better then his pre injury self already

Re-sign Nate, Fletcher.  Attempt to sign Freeney, Steinbach.  Draft a TE, some more O-Line, DT, LB and another tall WR that can be a threat in the red zone.

843377[/snapback]

I think that tall WR in end-zone should be our TE like a Heath Miller (I am not asking for an Antonio Gates).

Spikes is only in his first season back after a serious injury that could end careers, most player aren't back to 100% after missing an enitre season due to that injury. Give him 1 more year before ou say he's done.

You defintly focus heavily on the offence this year with a couple moves on the defence to replace players that do leave, or were found inadequate this year.

Maybe some of you could hire Spikes to microwave your hot pockets for those of you that think he should be playing better then his pre injury self already

843421[/snapback]

I agree. It took Edgerain James one full season to come back from his leg injury. The one Takeo had is one of the worst....He needs another off-season of full conditioning (remember, he did not take part in most of training camp) and getting used to this system. Come next september, TKO will be the same monster LB that he once was.

I agree.  It took Edgerain James one full season to come back from his leg injury.  The one Takeo had is one of the worst....He needs another off-season of full conditioning (remember, he did not take part in most of training camp) and getting used to this system.  Come next september, TKO will be the same monster LB that he once was.

843433[/snapback]

No way. Did Sam Cowart come back? No. Was James's injury the same type as Spikes? No. He's done. These Achilles injuries are unforgiving. This guy relied on speed and that isn't there any more

Pursue Freeney.  If that doesn' work out, we may have acquired our DE of the future with the acquisition of Anthony Hargrove.

843394[/snapback]

Freeney's going to be out of our price range. Besides that he plays Right DE just like Schobel, what we need to do is re-sign Chris Kelsay to a cap friendly deal. Of course I think you're on to something that Hargrove might have been brought in to succeed Kelsay.

In terms of priorities/needs are to try and maintain what we already have on D, as that's the strength of this team right now and improve the offense.

My short list is:

Re-sign Nate Clements

Re-sign and/or find a UFA replacement for London Fletcher

Sign a quality LG, I know Steinbach is a popular name but a guy like Vince Manuwai (Jags) might also be somone pursuing.

Re-sign Chris Kelsay

Depending on how the Peters/Pennington experiment goes, draft a OT on day 1 of the draft someone on day 1 of the draft to play OT if either fails.

Draft someone on day 1 to replace Chris V.

Draft a compliment to Lee Evans on day 1 of the draft preferably another WR but if a quality TE is there then go for a TE.

No way. Did Sam Cowart come back? No. Was James's injury the same type as Spikes? No. He's done. These Achilles injuries are unforgiving. This guy relied on speed and that isn't there any more

843438[/snapback]

So, Sam Cowart didn't come back from that injury.

Some do, and some don't.

Wasn't there someone who had that injury in SF and it took him 2 years to come back to his former self?

But I'm sure because Sam Cowart couldn't come back, that means TKO is done too, why didn't we just cut him last offseason? We all know no one comes back from that kind of injury

Some do, and some don't.

Wasn't there someone who had that injury in SF and it took him 2 years to come back to his former self?

But I'm sure because Sam Cowart couldn't come back, that means TKO is done too, why didn't we just cut him last offseason? We all know no one comes back from that kind of injury

843459[/snapback]

Agreed. What I was trying to point out was that it took James 2 years to completely regain his speed. Plus TKO was a spectator for most of the

training camp. He needs a full training camp with no holds barred to prove

that he still has it in him to be an NFL player.

Some do, and some don't.

843459[/snapback]

Yep. It took Julian Peterson 2 years to come back. SF let him go and Seattle signed him to a deal. He is playing pretty well from what I have heard.

Some do, and some don't.

843459[/snapback]

Same injury. You can already see the guy can't run anymore. I hope he gets better but I'm not counting on it. I hope they cut him to save money. I'll start a thread on this topic

Offense hands down

O-Line

TE's

FB

and some WR

I think our D is pretty solid, maybe increase DT depth, as for DE's am I the only one who thinks Kelsay isn't a problem and between him, Hargrove, and Denney we have good depth. For our LB's I think if Spikes is done we need a replacement, otherwise this position is solid, and for CB's if we re-sign Nate were well off.

Wish list- offseason 2007...

TE Daniel Graham, New England

OG Eric Steinbach, Cincinnati

LB Lance Briggs, Chicago

1st round- DT Alan Branch, U. of Michigan

2nd round- OG Josh Beekman, Boston College

3rd round- FB Brian Leonard, Rutgers

Not too much to ask, IMO. The Bills, with this sort of player influx, would dramatically improve and become an instant contender, IMO!

Wish list- offseason 2007...

TE Daniel Graham, New England

OG Eric Steinbach, Cincinnati

LB Lance Briggs, Chicago

1st round- DT Alan Branch, U. of Michigan

2nd round- OG Josh Beekman, Boston College

3rd round- FB Brian Leonard, Rutgers

Not too much to ask, IMO. The Bills, with this sort of player influx, would dramatically improve and become an instant contender, IMO!

843732[/snapback]

They need a second WR. Parrish will be a good slot receiver. Both Reed and Price are not #2 WRs.