What accent do you have?

mcjeff215

I found this on a Python blog that I read. Now I've got it making it's way across the office. This thing has been pretty accurate thus far.

-Jeff

http://www.gotoquiz.com/results/what_ameri...ent_do_you_have

Your Result: The Inland North

You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio."

Well, I am from Pennsylvania and have been told I have a good voice....pretty damn accurate!

Damn thing doesn't know what it's talking about! :lol:

You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

The Midland and Northeast are both about the same ranking for me...

843216[/snapback]

Same here. Although my mid-western "accent" can be attributed to my parents who are from Illinois originally. Probably a big reason I never picked up a southern accent growing up in NW Florida.

Your Result: North Central

"North Central" is what professional linguists call the Minnesota accent. If you saw "Fargo" you probably didn't think the characters sounded very out of the ordinary. Outsiders probably mistake you for a Canadian a lot."

Mmmmmkaay... :)

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio."

Well, I am from Pennsylvania and have been told I have a good voice....pretty damn accurate!

843221[/snapback]

Yes, you do. :)

843221[/snapback]

I got that too, though I don't have a good voice and I'm not from Pennsylvania.

The Inland North

"You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

Thank god this was my rating. I'm glad I don't talk like the chowderheads here in M!@#$chusetts.

The Inland North

"You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

Thank god this was my rating. I'm glad I don't talk like the chowderheads here in M!@#$chusetts.

843517[/snapback]

you mean chowdaheads, right?

Your Result: North Central

"North Central" is what professional linguists call the Minnesota accent. If you saw "Fargo" you probably didn't think the characters sounded very out of the ordinary. Outsiders probably mistake you for a Canadian a lot."

Mmmmmkaay... ;)

843420[/snapback]

And when they say Minnesota, they don't mean Minneaplis/St. Paul, they mean the people that live out on the Iron Range. Ya, you betcha! Fer sure! :)

I got that too, though I don't have a good voice and I'm not from Pennsylvania.

843484[/snapback]

Da hell ya mean you're not from Pennsylvania??