John Madden is a blowhard, but...

PromoTheRobot

Yes - I was thinking the NFL should do more to market guys like LT.

What a finish! Too bad that fumble happened - would have liked to see what would have happened without it. As soon as he fumbled I was thinking the offensive guy has to knock the ball out of bounds.

...about Ladanian Tomlinson tossing the football to the ref after scoring his 4th TD.  How guys like LT don't need to celebrate because they know they're good and and 4 TD's is just a day at the office for him.  So true.

PTR

842896[/snapback]

And when he's interviewed he gives credit to his teammates. What a novel concept!

im sure willis would hand the ref the ball after 4 tds.  :lol:

842917[/snapback]

Willis would:

<sarcasm on>

1. Danced for a while

2. Jumped into the crowd

3. End up crowd surfing

4. Buy a hotdog from a vendor once the crowd let him down

5. Run through the stands with a blowhorn "I am the greatest!"

6. Return to the bench like nothing happened

<sarcasm off>

What the heck do you think he would have done? He would have done a little dance and if it was in Buffalo he would have done that little leap into the crowd. Big deal.

People have pre-conceived notions and here what they want to hear. A couple weeks ago when a FB split out wide Madden said something about doing that so the QB can easily detect if the defense will be playing M-to-M or zone. That alone is more insight than I get from the idiot color guys in a whole game in any Bills game I've watched this year. He also ripped into the Pats playcalling pretty good against the Colts; where as a lot of others wouldn't have done that and a lot of people seemed to jump on that bandwagon after the game when they otherwise probably wouldn't have had he not pointed it out.

I noticed the same, I like Madden sometimes.  Celebrate like you have been there before, that was an awesome line.

842967[/snapback]

I remember thinking about the comment at the time also. He said..... Act like you've been there before, act like you're there now, and act like you will be there again.

great quote.

I remember thinking about the comment at the time also. He said..... Act like you've been there before, act like you're there now, and act like you will be there again.

great quote.

843014[/snapback]

How about this one "Act like your playing football. Act like your playing a sport you started to play because you loved the fun of it. Stop acting like your wearing a business suit."