Is the O-Line Improving?

CJPearl2

Or did we just play a poor defensive front 7?

842864[/snapback]

A little bit of both. Mario Williams is a good player (not great by any means), but he was slowed with an injury today.

HOWEVER, as down as I have been on the O-Line this year, I will not take anything away from what they did in this game. They provided solid pass protection all day. If it wasn't for Thomas completely wiffing on a protection pickup, there would have been no sacks today (on a side note.....I hope today will put to rest the whole "Thomas is better than McGahee" CRAP that we have been hearing over the past several weeks. In the last 2 weeks.....against 2 of the WORST RUN DEFENSES in the league, Thomas managed a spectacular 3.5 YPC average! I am not bashing Thomas. I like the way he runs and he has done a good job filling in, but he doesn't have near the talent of McGahee. The fact is, the O-Line is just not good enough for either runner to be great. But for all those that said Thomas is better because he doesn't miss blocks and runs better and picks up short yardage, the last 2 weeks have clearly showed that he is not the best RB on this team. In fact, he not only missed that block in the Texans' game, but was stopped on 3rd and short in the Texans' game and struggled last week as well. Is Thomas a better option on 3rd and short? Maybe. But the fact still remains our O-Line can't knock anyone backwards off the ball when necessary.)

But anyways, I am done with my rant. The O-Line is STILL not good enough, but they were better today. Losman was able to sit back there and make reads most of the time. They were solid overall today, but don't be fooled......they are not good enough. But, I will save that for another day. Today is a day to give credit where credit is due and they did get the job done today.