Terrence Pennington

AKC

First pick of the 2006 draft Mario Williams versus 7th rounder Terrence Pennington-

That's usually a bad omen; congrats to the kid from Compton holding his own under circumstances that have typically been embarassing for many before him.

First pick of the 2006 draft Mario Williams versus 7th rounder Terrence Pennington-

That's usually a bad omen; congrats to the kid from Compton holding his own under circumstances that have typically been embarassing for many before him.

842788[/snapback]

Good thing Mario was at half speed today.

842788[/snapback]

Pennington's from Compton?

Good thing Mario was at half speed today.

842789[/snapback]

I don't see that as very relevant- the truth is that Williams looked at the game as a chance to come back to show off his skillset, and Pennington didn't give him the chance. On the "experience" curve, this was a good day for our new RT IMO. I don't think anyhone would deny the confidence boost, and that alone can be a big help to any late pick or UFA getting their shot at the big time.

I don't always pay as close attention to the football nuances that posters like AKC can catch. I'd say if he's impressed, I'm impressed by Pennington. I did notice I didn't hear his name today, which is as good an indication as any.

I would, however, really like to see the run-blocking improve.

842788[/snapback]

They were idiots for passing on Reggie Bush and they're paying for it now.

Hold the phone. Mario Williams could only push off on one leg today. Let's wait till the end of the year.

842893[/snapback]

I cant stand the exaggeration by some posters on this topic. "Mario Williams was at half speed...... Mario only had one leg........" whatever it is, do you really think that if Mario was that bad off he would have played? Players typically dont play unless they are 80-90% healthy, otherwise its dangerous and stupid. Give Pennington some damn credit, even if Mario was a little hobbled :lol:

842788[/snapback]

I second that. Pennington seemed to have better balance yesterday than last week. I would also like to see him get a little stronger. He appears to have a frame that could hold a little more bulk. He has potential, but he is still a project imo. It is great that he is getting reps!

On the Jason Peters watch, was it only me, or did he remind others of Jonas Jennings? Like Jennings, he seems to have added a bit of weight around the old midsection, which is great for him. His TE days are officially over and the extra weight will help him push DEs around and tire them out.

Hey, I know it was "only" Houston, but this was also "only" his second start at LT, and the guy is showing me a friggin TON! Yeah, I am officially on the "Jason Peters Bandwagon." :lol: