Sun. Dec. 24 TENNESSEE 1:00pm CBS

Sun. Dec. 31 at Baltimore 1:00pm CBS

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Not bad....we'll be 3 point underdogs our next 3 games, 3 point favorites the 2 after, then @Baltimore which is the hardest on paper.

Could be 9-7 if we tighten the screws.

842793[/snapback]

Baltimore will likely be resting their starters by the time we play them...hopefully their 2nd stringers don't wipe up with us, like their division foes did a couple of years back

:doh:

8-8 isn't out of reach, I'd consider it a success

Brutal?

We should be able to beat Miami, Tennesee, and the Jets. Baltimore might be resting week 17. And 4 of the 6 remaining games are at home!

Next 2 weeks will define this season. If we can pick up a win next week, I dont think 9-7 is out of the question.

perhaps this is some unwarranted optimism based on todays game, but assuming the light went on today, I would put even money that we finish 8-8 or better.

Not bad....we'll be 3 point underdogs our next 3 games, 3 point favorites the 2 after, then @Baltimore which is the hardest on paper.

Could be 9-7 if we tighten the screws.

842793[/snapback]

Sounds about right, though 9-7 is a big reach.

Can somebody explain why Baltimore will likely rest their starters?

842805[/snapback]

Cuz there's a distinct possibility they'll have the division wrapped up but not be able to catch Indy or NE to get one of the bye weeks.

No point putting aging vets like McNair, Lewis, Ogden, Price, Mason, Gregg, Rolle and others in harm's way the wek before an elimination game.

842805[/snapback]

Just a hunch...they're currently sitting at 8-2 with a 3 game lead in the AFC North. In the next 6 weeks, their opponents have a combined record of 26-34, including playing Cincinnati, Cleveland, and Pittsburgh twice. In the next 2 weeks (Pitt and Cin), they could lock up any potential AFC North tie breaker, as well as likely win an additional 2-3 games to secure a division championship (I don't see Cincinnati doing enough, with their schedule, to overtake Baltimore).

Cuz there's a distinct possibility they'll have the division wrapped up but not be able to catch Indy or NE to get one of the bye weeks.

No point putting aging vets like McNair, Lewis, Ogden, Price, Mason, Gregg, Rolle and others in harm's way the wek before an elimination game.

842811[/snapback]

Meh, they're a game up on NE and they played their starters the whole game vs. Pittsburgh in 2003 in a meaningless game. The parlay of the game meaning nothing and Billick pulling a Dungy is possible, but not terribly likely.

Brutal?

We should be able to beat Miami, Tennesee, and the Jets.  Baltimore might be resting week 17. And 4 of the 6 remaining games are at home!

Next 2 weeks will define this season.  If we can pick up a win next week, I dont think 9-7 is out of the question.

perhaps this is some unwarranted optimism based on todays game, but assuming the light went on today, I would put even money that we finish 8-8 or better.

842800[/snapback]

a 4-6 team doesnt have any givens and if they did Houston would have been it and they were lucky to beat them so lets relax before you start counting wins

Tennesee and Miami are not givens for anyone much less the Bills

Meh, they're a game up on NE and they played their starters the whole game vs. Pittsburgh in 2003 in a meaningless game.

In 2003 the Ravens and Pittsburgh has a serious hatefest going on; that won't be the case with the Bills. I don't know how it's going to shake out (nor do I think it makes much of a difference either way), but if Billick lets injury prone McNair (who's the key ot their SB hopes) or banged up guys like Ray Lewis, Derek Mason and Kelly Gregg play a full game on a meaningless weekend possibly just 6 days before an elimination game, then he's a damnedable fool.

Long range forecast has high of 36 and rain/snow for Sunday. Let's have a nice warm Western NY welcome for the boys from Jacksonville. After a Monday night game and away in the cold in Buffalo, a dismal showing by the Jags would not be unexpected.

The biggest games I'm worried about are the Chargers game and the Jets game, THe Chargers are a very good team and LT is going to have a field day against our dismal run defense, and the Jets are a tough team this year and we don't seem to play too well against them on the road. If we can win those two games however, we should make the playoffs (assuming we win the games we're supposed to). I expect the Bills to lose those two games and finish 8-8 but it could go better or worse.

Long range forecast has high of 36 and rain/snow for Sunday.  Let's have a nice warm Western NY welcome for the boys from Jacksonville.  After a Monday night game and away in the cold in Buffalo, a dismal showing by the Jags would not be unexpected.

842827[/snapback]

hmmmm, guess I better get a rain coat, got my tics (dirt cheap) for 3 of the remaining 4 home games (no tics for the SD game, yet, lol)

I think they have a good chance next week, hopefully I will get to see my first live Bills win next week

The biggest games I'm worried about are the Chargers game and the Jets game, THe Chargers are a very good team and LT is going to have a field day against our dismal run defense,

842856[/snapback]

That game worries me a lot. However its a opportunity. If the Bills D can shut down LT(that is hold him to under 100yds and 1 td) I'll be impressed and it will be a good boost for them. It's all about building blocks at this point for the Bills. Stepping up against the highest powered offense would be fantastic.

I'll take the over on both of those numbers.

842904[/snapback]

He looks friggen scary tonight against Denver. Denver was supposed to shut him down. However thats why him against the Bills is such a opportunity to make strides for the D.

Sun. Nov. 26  JACKSONVILLE  1:00pm CBS

Sun. Dec. 3  SAN DIEGO  1:00pm CBS

Sun. Dec. 10  at NY Jets  1:00pm CBS

Sun. Dec. 17  MIAMI  1:00pm CBS

Sun. Dec. 24  TENNESSEE  1:00pm CBS

Sun. Dec. 31  at Baltimore  1:00pm CBS

842787[/snapback]

When you're not a good team, the schedule always looks tough. Next year the schedule won't look as hard.

In 2003 the Ravens and Pittsburgh has a serious hatefest going on; that won't be the case with the Bills. I don't know how it's going to shake out (nor do I think it makes much of a difference either way), but if Billick lets injury prone McNair (who's the key ot their SB hopes) or banged up guys like Ray Lewis, Derek Mason and Kelly Gregg play a full game on a meaningless weekend possibly just 6 days before an elimination game, then he's a damnedable fool.

842823[/snapback]

I think Billick is just the sort of damnable fool (and right bastard) that would start all his guys in a statement of killer instinct. I'd rather see the Bills beat them at full strength, anyway. We were booking our playoff tickets with the Steelers' 3rd stringers as the only obstacle in our way, and we all know how that worked out.

842805[/snapback]

Because home field will probably be owned by Indy at that point and Baltimore will have won their division, unless they turn on the suck machine I agree with the original poster that it may be a possible win.