GREAT TEAM DEFENSE

The Big Cat

There wasn't one unit that really stood out, but collectively, the defense had a great day...No points in the second half and gave the offense not one but two fourth quarter opportunities for the win...great pick for Nate and a great two man hit from Ko and TKO. I like what I saw...this unit, as a whole, is very few spots away from being NFL top 5 again.

There wasn't one unit that really stood out, but collectively, the defense had a great day...No points in the second half and gave the offense not one but two fourth quarter opportunities for the win...great pick for Nate and a great two man hit from Ko and TKO.  I like what I saw...this unit, as a whole, is very few spots away from being NFL top 5 again.

842465[/snapback]

:doh:

I'm sorry, man, the run defense is pretty horrid. What I am seeing is that they seem to have the goods in crunch time, at least for today, which is good, but they were definitely saved by some great opportunities and exceptional play by Clements alone today with the turnovers.

A few things will really help this D in the long run: 1) A healthy Takeo Spikes another year removed from his injury. 2) A FA or draftee who can hold his own better than Tim Anderson.

:doh:

I'm sorry, man, the run defense is pretty horrid.  What I am seeing is that they seem to have the goods in crunch time, at least for today, which is good, but they were definitely saved by some great opportunities and exceptional play by Clements alone today with the turnovers.

A few things will really help this D in the long run:  1) A healthy Takeo Spikes another year removed from his injury.  2) A FA or draftee who can hold his own better than Tim Anderson.

842472[/snapback]

I will concede that the run defense was, at times, a bit pourous. But ultimatley, it only lost Buffalo the field position game-which was an issue, but not one that today's offense couldn't over come...

They were terrible for the most part. Some big plays and a big holding penalty negated a first down to the 15 yard line.

Carr completed 22 in a row and they (Houston) had their second best rushing day ever.

They were much better the second half though....

They were terrible for the most part.  Some big plays and a big holding penalty negated a first down to the 15 yard line.

Carr completed 22 in a row and they (Houston) had their second best rushing day ever.

They were much better the second half though....

842635[/snapback]

How bad is a defense that allows stats but no points??? (second half)