UFC - Matt Hughes Got Killed

slothrop

I am a big GSP fan and I was so happy to see him desimate Hughes. I was hoping Monson would be able to take out Silvia, but the height differencial was just too much to overcome. I am looking forward to a Brandon Vera v. Tim Silvia match-up.

Frank Mir is a shadow of his former self.

When BJ Penn comes back from injury I also look to him to tear through the 155lbs. class.

No surprise.  St Pierre was killing Hughes in their first fight and made one fatal mistake.  He didn't do that this time and I couldn't be happier.  Hughes is lucky as hell he beat BJ.

842621[/snapback]

I agree about Hughes and Penn. In fact, when GSP almost knocked him out at the end of the first I said to myself, "Jeez, the bell saved this lucky SOB again!." Luckily GSP was not injured like Penn was and able to finish the POS.

BTW - I think Penn is better then either GSP or Hughes, but he is droping down to 155. He will rock that division.

I agree about Hughes and Penn. In fact, when GSP almost knocked him out at the end of the first I said to myself, "Jeez, the bell saved this lucky SOB again!." Luckily GSP was not injured like Penn was and able to finish the POS.

BTW - I think Penn is better then either GSP or Hughes, but he is droping down to 155. He will rock that division.

843428[/snapback]

Penn might be the most complete fighter in the United States. The only one over here who beats him is him. He has no holes in his game.

I'm curious to see how he handles the drop in weight. He's always been a really soft 170, so it might not be a huge deal for him.

Penn might be the most complete fighter in the United States.  The only one over here who beats him is him.  He has no holes in his game.

I'm curious to see how he handles the drop in weight. He's always been a really soft 170, so it might not be a huge deal for him.

844006[/snapback]

I agree, Penn is likely the best fighter out there. He unfortunatly gassed in the St. Pierre fight and he was injured in the Hughes fight. The submition he almost pulled off on Hughes was freaky - he may be the only human (other than Joyce Gracie in his prime) who could have done that.