Anyone else concerned about Vincent?

Fezmid

I'm a bit concerned about Vincent. I thought we were getting a shut-down corner when we signed him, but he apperas to be struggling so far. Yeah, he had good coverage on the TD reception (nice catch by the Titans), but he was out of position a lot in the first half I thought, and whiffed on some tackles. The one that leaps out is a short pass on (I think) 3rd down. The guy gets the ball on the sideline and Vincent moves towards the sideline as well, the receiver gets past Troy for the 1st. If Vincent would've gone outside and forced the WR out of bounds, it would've been short. I also noticed that nobody seems to be throwing on Clements which is good. We'll have to see what happens..

BTW, I'm annoyed at the NFL Network -- first they take Tasker/Levy off for the 2nd half and put on some Titans riff-raff (including "Forward Pass" Wycheck. Then, the game goes past the three hour mark that was scheduled so I missed the last 1:30! How can a tape delayed game that doesn't go into OT go beyond the specified time?! Sorry to those who are getting copies of the game. :w00t:

CW

I'm a bit concerned about Vincent.  I thought we were getting a shut-down corner when we signed him, but he apperas to be struggling so far.  Yeah, he had good coverage on the TD reception (nice catch by the Titans), but he was out of position a lot in the first half I thought, and whiffed on some tackles.  The one that leaps out is a short pass on (I think) 3rd down.  The guy gets the ball on the sideline and Vincent moves towards the sideline as well, the receiver gets past Troy for the 1st.  If Vincent would've gone outside and forced the WR out of bounds, it would've been short.  I also noticed that nobody seems to be throwing on Clements which is good.  We'll have to see what happens..

BTW, I'm annoyed at the NFL Network -- first they take Tasker/Levy off for the 2nd half and put on some Titans riff-raff (including "Forward Pass" Wycheck.  Then, the game goes past the three hour mark that was scheduled so I missed the last 1:30!  How can a tape delayed game that doesn't go into OT go beyond the specified time?!  Sorry to those who are getting copies of the game. :rolleyes:

CW

3755[/snapback]

i'm not all that concerned about TV even though I noticed the same thing you did.

But here is this savvy vet out there and it's preseason. The job is his. He's not going all out. BUT your point is well taken. The thing is, Philly used allot of Blitzing which bode well for Eagle CB's. This helped TV a whole lot. So maybe our concern should be where it always has been: Lack of Pass Rush.

Archived