Last White Back to Gain 1,000?

truth on hold

there have been some white backs of note like mike alstott and daryl johnston, but they all seem to be fullblocks who are relied on more as blockers for featured (black) backs like emmitt smith and warrick dunne. does anyone know who the last white back was to gain 1,000? has there even been one?

there have been some white backs of note like mike alstott and daryl johnston, but they all seem to be fullblocks who are relied on more as blockers for featured (black) backs like emmitt smith and warrick dunne.  does anyone know who the last white back was to gain 1,000? has there even been one?

841185[/snapback]

Czonka and Kiick come to mind. Craig James on the Patriots as well.

Czonka and Kiick come to mind. Craig James on the Patriots as well.

841187[/snapback]

good call i don't even remember the guy. found this in an article discussing the dearth of white backs:

"Since Craig James ran for 1,227 yards and was voted to the Pro Bowl in 1985, 95 running backs have combined for 235 1,000-yard rushing performances over those 18 years. None has been white."

also check out erik dickerson's comments in the same article:

"They can't compete with us," says Eric Dickerson, the NFL's all-time single-season rushing leader, who dominated with the Los Angeles Rams during the 1980s. "The black athlete, especially at that position, is faster, more elusive. That's just a position made for agility.

"That's kind of like our chosen position."

http://www.jonentine.com/reviews/Orlando_01.htm

"They can't compete with us," says Eric Dickerson, the NFL's all-time single-season rushing leader, who dominated with the Los Angeles Rams during the 1980s. "The black athlete, especially at that position, is faster, more elusive. That's just a position made for agility.

841188[/snapback]

That's 'cause they're bred to be the better athlete...or so I've heard. :lol:

if a white player said anything remotely close to that he would be crusified

841188[/snapback]

Yeah, I guess white people are to physical agility what black people are to mental IQ. See, Eric? I can be a racist, too! :lol:

Yeah, I guess white people are to physical agility what black people are to mental IQ. See, Eric? I can be a racist, too!  :lol:

841195[/snapback]

i remember when jason sehorn played DB for giants a number of black guys were saying there's no way a white guy could cover them. and given how sehorn got burned so much they had a point!

i remember when jason sehorn played DB for giants a number of black guys were saying there's no way a white guy could cover them.  and given how sehorn got burned so much they had a point!

841196[/snapback]

Sehorn was actually a decent corner until he blew out his knee returning a kickoff in a preseason game, he couldnt cover anyone after that

good call i don't even remember the guy. found this in an article discussing the dearth of white backs:

"Since Craig James ran for 1,227 yards and was voted to the Pro Bowl in 1985, 95 running backs have combined for 235 1,000-yard rushing performances over those 18 years. None has been white."

also check out erik dickerson's comments in the same article:

841188[/snapback]

Dickerson's comments are rather ironic. While he went on to have the better NFL career, he wasn't able to earn the starting job in college from that very same white guy. Dickerson and James alternated starts at SMU, and (if I remember correctly) were known as the 'Pony Express.'

841188[/snapback]

well, in the last olympics, a chinese dude beat out a bunch of black guys in the 200 meter hurdles

the only time i remember seeing a black swimmer in the olympics is the time one came out of one of the african countries. he got a standing ovation for finally finishing...laps behind everyone else.