Shawshank Redemption coming to theaters

The title of the Stephen King novella was "Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption".  It was in "Different Seasons" along with "The Body", upon which "Stand by Me" was based.  I think "Apt Pupil" was in there, too.

Good movie.  You could probably make a decent list of flicks that did better in video than at the box office.  Caddyshack comes to mind.

60587[/snapback]

I'll admit it, I'm a King addict. Have been ever since junior high school. Not quite his "number one fan" ( :D ), but I've got just about everything he's written. (Yes, even the crappy ones.)

And Different Seasons might just be my favorite out of all of 'em. IMHO, his novellas are his best work - long enough to really dig into, but not so long that his comic-book-style writing tricks start to annoy me.

My favorite movie of all time is getting re released into 8 theaters across the country.

They said that it did poorly at the box office, but once it got to VHS, it took over the #3 spot on the IMDB's top 250 movies of all time.

But, since most people didnt see it in the theater, they are re-releasing..

I'd love to see it on the big screen.

AWESOME movie.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Movies/10/...hank/index.html

60501[/snapback]

You mean you're going to peel yourself off the couch long enough to get away from watching "reality" on the TV?

Or are you posting this because you want someone here to go watch it for you, so you can keep your ass parked on the couch watching "reality"...? :D

I'll admit it, I'm a King addict. Have been ever since junior high school. Not quite his "number one fan" ( :D ), but I've got just about everything he's written. (Yes, even the crappy ones.)

And Different Seasons might just be my favorite out of all of 'em. IMHO, his novellas are his best work - long enough to really dig into, but not so long that his comic-book-style writing tricks start to annoy me.

60959[/snapback]

Different Seasons is probably his best book IMO. His novellas are great. Even books like It and The Stand are almost like a collection of short storys. I am a big fan of his short storys. Skeleton Crew and Night Shift are two of my other favorites by King. Dont you think "The Mist" would make a great movie?