I know it sucks, but...

Dr. Trooth

The Bills are in rebuild mode this season. Not much we can do but bear the pain for the rest of the season. I would venture a guess that next season, although the rebuild ain't finished, I think we should expect a much better team than we've seen this year.

Just for shittz n giggles... here is a quick snapshot of the Bills starters on offense and defense... and this is current, as of today.

Offensive starters...

Avg. age 26.2 yrs. old & 4 yrs. experience/player. (if McGahee were in this number instead of ATrain, they'd be even younger)

Before Villarrial's injury it was...

Avg. age 26.9 yrs. old & 4.5 yrs experience/player. (with Atrain facored in at RB not McGahee)

Next year, if Villarial and Shelton are gone (plugging in younger players) and plugging in a younger wr, even though the leftover starters are a year older, the offensive starters could potentially drop to around 25.5 years avg. age depending on what new starters are plugged in.

Defensive starters...

Avg. age 26.0 yrs. old & 4.5 yrs experience/player. With the departure of Clements likely, if a rookie or 2nd year player were plugged in next year, these numbers would be about the same. If the Bills allow Fletcher walk and TKO covers the MLB spot and Ellison gets plugged in, the Bills get slightly younger. More food for thought on this... TKO and Schobel will each be 30 next year, and, I believe TKO may be in the last year of his contract next season. So, the Bills will have to look at either extending TKO... or perhaps drafting a MLB.

This is a very young team... and it could be event younger nest season. If the Bills replace Gandy, Shelton, Villarial, Fowler, Price, Fletcher, Clements... with younger players, they might even be younger than this year

We've pretty much have to suffer through this rebuild... but like said, they better be a whole lot better next year or the fans are going to want a few pounds of flesh.

Fowler and Clements are 27 and 26 dude. I keep Fletcher too for 3 years. Basically, I try and keep Clements and Fletch, possibly Kelsay if we can sign him to a similar deal like Denny. Free agency and draft will determine the other players fates you mentioned.

Fowler and Clements are 27 and 26 dude.

I'm quite aware of that... I checked the roster numbers.

Nate will go to the highest bidder... Bills ain't gonna make him the top paid CB in the NFL... Remember... they're in rebuild mode and paying Clements a ton of cashreduces their flexibility to beef up the roster. Besides, they drafted Youboty for his spot.

Fowler... he's a journeyman and was signed becuase their was no one else out there that could get plugged in immeditely. The Bills have a desire to get bigger at that position and would like Merz to eventually become their main man at center. Fowler may last one more year as a starter, but beyond that, if this team is to get to the next level, they need an upgrade at center.

We've pretty much have to suffer through this rebuild... but like said, they better be a whole lot better next year or the fans are going to want a few pounds of flesh.

840689[/snapback]

AFAIC this is a year of evaluation... 16 games worth of evaluation. Those that pass and/or show upside get to come back in 2007. Those who do not pass and do not show upside have to leave town, NO excuses accepted. :lol:

The Bills are in rebuild mode this season.  Not much we can do but bear the pain for the rest of the season.  I would venture a guess that next season, although the rebuild ain't finished, I think we should expect a much better team than we've seen this year. 

Just for shittz n giggles... here is a quick snapshot of the Bills starters on offense and defense... and this is current, as of today.

Offensive starters...

Avg. age 26.2 yrs. old & 4 yrs. experience/player.  (if McGahee were in this number instead of ATrain, they'd be even younger)

Before Villarrial's injury it was...

Avg. age 26.9 yrs. old & 4.5 yrs experience/player. (with Atrain facored in at RB not McGahee)

Next year, if Villarial and Shelton are gone (plugging in younger players) and plugging in a younger wr, even though the leftover starters are a year older, the offensive starters could potentially drop to around 25.5 years avg. age depending on what new starters are plugged in.

Defensive starters...

Avg. age 26.0 yrs. old & 4.5 yrs experience/player.  With the departure of Clements likely, if a rookie or 2nd year player were plugged in next year, these numbers would be about the same.  If the Bills allow Fletcher walk and TKO covers the MLB spot and Ellison gets plugged in, the Bills get slightly younger.  More food for thought on this... TKO and Schobel will each be 30 next year, and, I believe TKO may be in the last year of his contract next season.  So, the Bills will have to look at either extending TKO... or perhaps drafting a MLB.

This is a very young team... and it could be event younger nest season.  If the Bills replace Gandy, Shelton, Villarial, Fowler, Price, Fletcher, Clements... with younger players, they might even be younger than this year

840689[/snapback]

when will people get tired of saying "we will be better next year"

this team wont be better until there is a new owner in place, its unfortunate but the truth

when will people get tired of saying "we will be better next year"

841058[/snapback]

When we actually get better next year?

This attitude of losing and rebuilding is what is killing the Bills. Expect the best from your roster. If you don't get it, improve the roster until you get a winning team

Don't settle for rebuilding or improving or growing a QB or whatever excuses you come up with

Winning = The Point