Three losses by field goal.....

AnthonyF

30th in scoring offense 12th in scoring defense.  Yeah I dont think I'll blame the defense here.  You don't win very many games when you average 15.5pts per game offensively.

840328[/snapback]

Point was we did not even get a sniff of the ball to screw it up. Only other game we had a chance was the Jets...

I'll be happy to show JP the door when he gets a chance to show he can't play or is given the opportunity to screw up on his own.

There is no excuse for a defence that let teams basically run the clock out predominantly with running the ball not once, but 3 of the 4 times the Bill did have a chance late in the game.

As for the Jets game, prior to JP's scramble for a td and the onside kick, we had kicked a fg and promptly on New York's next possession, they walked down the field and scored, much like GB did, before the int at the 1 yard line.

Time to call the defense out...

Point was we did not even get a sniff of the ball to crew it up.  Only other game we had a chance was the Jets...

I'll be happy to show JP the door when he gets a chance to to show he can't play or is given the opportunity to screw up on his own.

There is no excuse for a defence that let teams basically run the clock out predominantly with running the ball not once, but 3 of the 4 times they did have a chance.

As for the Jets game, prior to JP's scramble for a td and the onside kick, we had kicked a fg and promptly on New Yorks next possession, they walked down the field and scored, much like GB did, before the int at the 1 yard line.

Time to call the defense out...

840337[/snapback]

You're correct again, and a little late :lol:

You know what there was one thing TD was right about, this team has been lacking mental toughness for a while. I'd be willing to bet the Bills have lost a disproportianate number of games by 3 points/ 7 points or less over the course of the past 6 years. This team wins those games they are probably in the playoffs one of the past six years.

It is the difference between good teams and mediocore teams. Good teams find ways to win close games. I know Lindell missed that kick against the Colts, but people can't argue we don't have the place kicker anymore to play grin out, win it in the 4th quarter type football.

NE held the ball the last 6:15, Detroit the last 4:04 (okay we got it back with 9 seconds) & Indy the last 6:22, not letting our offense sniff the field....

Thank you defense for the great pressure....

840324[/snapback]

If it wasn't for the defense we would have lost the NE game 10-19 and the Indy game 9-17

Take away McGee's kick return against Indy and one of the FGs would have just been yet another -2 yard drive

30th in scoring offense 12th in scoring defense.  Yeah I dont think I'll blame the defense here.  You don't win very many games when you average 15.5pts per game offensively.

840328[/snapback]

Three of the TD's came by the way of the defense. The Bills offense is on a 13.2 points per game pace. It's even lower if you take away the field goals the Bills got when the defense/special teams put the offense in field goal range just to watch them go three and out and sometimes backward.

What does it say when a linebacker is tied for the team lead in TD's. I know what it doesn't say. It doesn't say we have a problem at QB. No sir. In know way is that number a reflection on the QB. Our QB is doing a great job and has a great future in the NFL. :lol:

NE held the ball the last 6:15, Detroit the last 4:04 (okay we got it back with 9 seconds) & Indy the last 6:22, not letting our offense sniff the field....

Thank you defense for the great pressure....

840324[/snapback]

The offense was given ample opportunities to score with great field position and couldn't get it done...The offense should bear most of the blame here.

It's even lower if you take away the field goals the Bills got when the defense/special teams put the offense in field goal range just to watch them go three and out and sometimes backward.

840367[/snapback]

What you mean like these

at Miami: Rian Lindell 43 Yd, 0:48. Drive: 4 plays, -8 yards in 1:04.

at Detroit: Rian Lindell 53 Yd, 0:00. Drive: 3 plays, -12 yards in 0:40.

at Indy: Rian Lindell 30 Yd, 8:47. Drive: 4 plays, 0 yards in 1:43.

3 out of Lindell's 14 field goals (21.4%) came on drives of 0 or less yards

The offense was given ample opportunities to score with great field position and couldn't get it done...The offense should bear most of the blame here.

840369[/snapback]

Why do we have to argue just to argue? I don't think anyone doesn't see that the offense isn't a joke, or the bigger problem. It is very unusual to see an NFL team kill the last 5+ minutes when the defense needs to get the ball back though.

What you mean like these

at Miami: Rian Lindell 43 Yd, 0:48. Drive: 4 plays, -8 yards in 1:04.

at Detroit: Rian Lindell 53 Yd, 0:00. Drive: 3 plays, -12 yards in 0:40.

at Indy: Rian Lindell 30 Yd, 8:47. Drive: 4 plays, 0 yards in 1:43.

3 out of Lindell's 14 field goals (21.4%) came on drives of 0 or less yards

840372[/snapback]

Being a Bills fan is like being a Native American on the side of the road watching people throw trash out their windows. It brings a tear to your eye. :lol:

Why do we have to argue just to argue?  I don't think anyone doesn't see that the offense isn't a joke, or the bigger problem.  It is very unusual to see an NFL team kill the last 5+ minutes when the defense needs to get the ball back though.

840377[/snapback]

We have agreed about the offence stinking... We however disagree how much is JP and how much is the playcalling, handcuffing the offense, line play and receivers.

Point is we have not got the ball back to the offense when we had a chance.

These defensive & special teams td's are not exactly unusual. Quit pretending Buffalo is the only team to ever score defensive points.

We have agreed about the offence stinking...  We however disagree how much is JP and how much is the playcalling, handcuffing the offense, line play and receivers.

Point is we have not got the ball back to the offense when we had a chance.

These defensive & special teams td's are not exactly unusual.  Quit pretending Buffalo is the only team to ever score defensive points.

840404[/snapback]

Yeah, but it is very very unusual for an NFL team to be +2 in turnovers including a defensive TD plus a 90 yard kickoff return and lose the game. The gap has to be as wide as Bills-Colts to lose under those circumstances. I mean, a mediocre offense has no problems winning that game with that kind of performance from the other 2 units.

I still share your concerns about the defense because it's clearly not a one-game thing.

You know what there was one thing TD was right about, this team has been lacking mental toughness for a while. I'd be willing to bet the Bills have lost a disproportianate number of games by 3 points/ 7 points or less over the course of the past 6 years. This team wins those games they are probably in the playoffs one of the past six years.

840349[/snapback]

0-11 in games decided by 3 or less dating to the start of the 2002 season.

Anthony, having never played a down of NFL football, I can't say for sure, but it has to be very disheartening for a defense to play with this offense.